SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Left to right:
130gr Barnes TTSX
125gr Spitzer
125gr BTHP
220gr HP
image.jpg
What interested me most was the Barnes 130 TTSX and 220gr HP. I fully expected to find the Barnes and 220gr HP to mushroom into the dirt.
image.jpg
After doing some reviews it looks like it takes the Barnes 1" of penetration before it opens. I'm don't have enough primers or powder to test it into gel myself. Just gonna have to run them through a hog or varmint to see how the perform.

image.jpg
I have no idea why the 220's didn't blow to pieces?! After watching some YouTube vids on subsonic 300's this has been a common issues in ballistic gel.

Keeping you enlightened.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have a Handi/BO and been reloading for it for some time now. My application for the weapon is a close range hunter of hogs,deer,and coyotes. While I have other guns that will accomplish this,I enjoy the "challenge" of the 300BO. After reloading for quite a few different chamberings for 30 years or so now,I find that the BO is somewhat "special". Even if I do not have to factor in mag length or gas system. The Handi Rifle action is super strong and I take this into consideration with my reloading.

While there have seen some great reports in using various 125gr bullets,I prefer to use the lighter bullets driven to a higher(the highest)speed. The 100gr and 110gr bullets have been good for me so far. I have been using Accurate 5744,H110/W296,and Lil' Gun. The bullets that have worked best for me are the Barnes 110gr Tac-X FB(30834) and the Cutting Edge Bullets,Raptor ESP 100gr. All primers used are the CCI400. --- pruhdlr

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I ordered my 110gr TAC-X FB bullets (# 30834)straight from Barnes.

I am getting >2450fps with the 110gr bullets and >2550fps with the 100gr bullets. My bbl has been moly coated,as have ALL the bullets put thru this gun.

Re. the Barnes #30834...on the site it states ---> " This bullet is specifically designed to function at SBR(short barrel rifle)velocities for use in the 300ACC Blackout,300Whisper,30Remington AR & all short barreled 308Winchester rifles". These ARE NOT the "elusive" black tips,however I figure that personally,I will like the performance on game animals ever better(especially the bigger hogs)because they will penetrate deeper BEFORE expansion.

Range day tomorrow to give some of my BO loads a try. Still looking for that 1/2" group @ 50yds. My trigger on this Handi is 2lbs 12ozs. --- pruhdlr
EDIT To Add ----> Gonna have a chance tomorrow at the range to try out a buddys new Night Vision System thermal also. Hopefully he will post a report. ....

Last edited: