34 Hogs Down in North Texas

LSB Active Member
Been awhile since I've posted a hunting video or story even. Not that I haven't been going, I just haven't had a lot of time to post a story about it. But after all the hunting I did this week I figured I'd make a good video and have a decent write up about it for you guys.

Wednesday night a close friend of mine came down to hunt so I decided I would take a little vacation time from work and go out to hunt with him. Most of our wheat has been harvested or baled with the exception of a few fields so it's made it a lot easier to spot hogs again. All but one of the video clips in my video were from Wednesday. It was mostly lone boars with a two small sounders. We were able to kill and recover 13 pigs. I was using my Zeus 640 42mm on my SBR blackout with an omega, Jordan (Friend from out of town) was using his new Zeus 640 75mm on his blackout with an omega, and Rustin was using one of his Zeus 336 42mm on his 6.8 with my YHM phantom QD.

Then Thursday I went out with a friend back home in Graham on his farms where they have a lot of wheat. They hadn't harvested just yet so it was a bit difficult to locate hogs so we just made a quick drive around in my ranger and drove up on a coyote mousing around in a coastal pasture. I was using my AR308 with my Gen 3 CO-X clip on so I decided to take a shot at him. Got him right behind the shoulder and watched him drop. 50% luck and 50% skill if I'm being honest because I ranged him after the shot at 270 yards. Also I'm very impressed by the clip on. I'm able to look at and ID jack rabbits at 600 yards. Then we drove up around a wheat field he's been having lots of damage in and found a nice size boar feeding in it. Shot and recovered him fairly easy.

On Friday I had some friends that we've been hunting with for a few years now come up to Wichita and hunt with us. Todd even has hunted with them a time or two, Weston and Brandon. Been trying to get them over here on LSB but they're not really the forum type. Weston and Brandon were using their Modern Carbine 6.8s, I was using my blackout SBR again, Ryan was using a 6.8 as well and so was Nic. Seems as if I need to go ahead and join the club and get a 6.8. All of us had Zeus scopes.
We got on 3 sounders and 2 lone boars. One of the boars was pushing 315 but we didn't have a tape or a scale to check. However I've measured and weighed enough to have an accurate guesstimate.
On one of the sounders we shot into we found in one of our landowners hay barn. He's been trying to prevent them from getting into it but they continue to find their way in. They've just flat destroyed several wheat hay bales and continue to tear up more. But..it did make for a fun shoot watching them try to get out of there dodging bullets! All in all we recovered 18 hogs but we had left another 2 that crawled out of the fields to go die somewhere else. And I'm sure we wounded a few more.
Had a lot of fun with some good friends and made some more memories.