$320 for 1000 rounds 5.56

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
TLM turned me on to LAX Ammo bought 5 box of Hornaday 120 SSTs for $17.25 ea. they shipped next day.
what did it end up costing including the shipping?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have gone to so many places. Only ammo I have found is so over priced. I just stopped shooting my .22's

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have been buying for .05-.07 online, local folks where ever I have found it. I seldom shoot it so must have 7000+ rds stocked up, passing on all above the .07 a rd now. I think it will be available and cheaper now.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have gone to so many places. Only ammo I have found is so over priced. I just stopped shooting my .22's
Do you live near a WalMart or Academy? If so, ask the department managers when they get their ammo shipments in. They are usually very friendly and willing to tell you exactly when they bring the ammo to the department. Academy stores get 2 or 3 trucks a week and most will stock the .22 ammo behind the counter to be available the next morning when they open. BE THERE WHEN THEY OPEN. If you wait a couple hours, it may all be gone. Expecially if its the larger bulk packages. Wal Mart limits purchases to 3 per person per day regardless of the size of the packages. Academy limits to 2 if 50 rd or 1 per person when 100 rd or larger. It may be a pain to show up every day, but if you have the time, it will pay off eventually and you would be surprised how fast 100 rds a day adds up to a decent stock pile.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do you live near a WalMart or Academy? If so, ask the department managers when they get their ammo shipments in. They are usually very friendly and willing to tell you exactly when they bring the ammo to the department. Academy stores get 2 or 3 trucks a week and most will stock the .22 ammo behind the counter to be available the next morning when they open. BE THERE WHEN THEY OPEN. If you wait a couple hours, it may all be gone. Expecially if its the larger bulk packages. Wal Mart limits purchases to 3 per person per day regardless of the size of the packages. Academy limits to 2 if 50 rd or 1 per person when 100 rd or larger. It may be a pain to show up every day, but if you have the time, it will pay off eventually and you would be surprised how fast 100 rds a day adds up to a decent stock pile.

I have 5 walmarts right by me now and I have asked about .22 ammo at all of them. Most have told me they haven't sen .22 ammo in months. I'm
Not near an academy so going there won't happen. The only walmart here that has had .22 ammo had the 325 round boxes for $59.99 a box

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
So far, I haven't seen Wal Mart increase the price any since before the scare. I bought 3 of the Fed auto match 325 rd boxes for $16.99 per box. In fact, they had the Winchester M22 1000 rd boxes for right at $50.00 per box. I have found that if you go online and search your local wal mart for .22 ammo, if it says out of stock, there is no use to check it. If it says undertimined or something like that, they probably have a delivery on the truck. I usually try to check the website at night, then show up in the morning. It has worked several times so far.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Around here there is a line at each counter the day it comes in, they buy it and resell on local forums. half the walmart employes buy theirs first or have their family buy it for them to get past the managers. There are samples of this all over the web, holding back ammo for themselves.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's what I figure is going on here. There's always a line in the morning and since I work mornings I never get any