.308 suppressor on multiple calibers?

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good luck on that! Its not like you cant hear the shot or tell a firearm has been fired. To many people believe what they see on the movies!
One of our crazy Senators was worried loggers could not hear hunters DAH!

LegendRider

Cross, South Carolina
I have a LDSP (7.62) by Innovative Arms in the safe at my local gun dealer that I plan on using on my Sig 716 (308/7.62) & on my 6.8. Waiting for the stamp to arrive....my be a long wait...call this week & I was told 9 months from the pending date which was around the middle of June 13. Looks like maybe next March.....almost a year wait!

Glenn

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love my YHM 30 cal Phantom. Works on all my rifles and does a great job.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok all this talk of 30 cal suppressors makes me want one. There is just one problem. I need a 338 suppressor. Sadly everything I see is for the lapua and they are bulky. Any ideas?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How 'bout a 9mm can? Will it hold up to that kind of pressure? If not... I've read where people have bought stamps for their home-made cans. Build one?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
338 spectre can't put out that much pressure can it? I have heard stories both ways on that. As for making it, couldn't be too hard. I have access to machine tools and CNC machines. But how does it work when your not supposed to have it until the stamp comes? Kind of like an SBR before you get a stamp

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh... for a Spectre... I thought you were talking WinMag. Heck no, I'd just opt for a good solid .45ACP can and use it. Ok... 9mm if you're wanting the lesser noise level.

JohnA, once posted a thread on 68forums about making your own can... and getting them stamped. You'd have to go digging for that thread... but, that's where I read it.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ill have to look it up. If I get a 338 can I also want to use it on my 6.8

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang... it's even reasonable too !!! But, I thought you were selling off most all of the toys?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm keeping the 338. I can't part with it. I think it's my favorite rifle to shoot. Followed closely by my 6.8. If I keep them both I can use 1 can

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good choice. I may be picking your brains on things to consider when I get serious about a .458 SOCOM though. That itch isn't going away.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I may have an upper for sale lol

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I need to book a hunt before I get any more gun purchases cookin'. Heck, I already have TWO *** builds simmering now as it is. But, I may be interested later.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have a pile of barrels. That's the problem with trying to downsize. I have decided it will be next summer after I get my friends hunting property finished. Then ill start sorting and selling

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
And, I suppose you're gonna tell me there's at least one more .458 barrel hidin' in the wood pile?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So far I have a complete rifle, a complete upper and a spare barrel. I do have a friend begging for the 18" barrel but we will see if it ends up for sale