3 Resilient Boars

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This was an unusual night. I shot three boars and none of them wanted to stay down. The interesting part is that when I looked at the first shot entry and exits, all three were fatally wound, just not immediately incapacitated. On the 2nd hog, there were two shots into the neck/torso and I could not tell which was first, but both were good shots. So, good trigger time with a lot of shots, lot of hits, all good with the cattle, 3 hogs down and none educated.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice hunt! Sometimes those boars just don't read the script about laying down and going to sleep. Nice followup shots. You are going to need a part time job to pay for your ammo if you keep running into those tough boars.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I see what anchored that last hog! AB Jr. had yer back and pinned him down until he bled out! Good killin' B ! Sometimes they just don't get the memo.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They just didn’t want to stay down! It is amazing how tough they are. Good job staying with them

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As always, there’s a lot to be learned from every single one of Brian’s videos. I know that postproduction editing can be a huge pain in the butt, but even when the Forensic Files photos are missing, the narrative is extremely informative

Multiple hit insanity. Although I have finally shot enough hogs to be surprised when they actually drop DRT instead of running through hell and Nacogdoches.

And yet, a coupla times a month, somebody tells me, “Hell, I just earhole them with my .223 and they drop dead every time”.

I have learned not to ask, “Is that in your $600 Cabelas camo from your armchair on a sandbag in a blind sixty yards from the feeder?”

bar-d

Head Wrangler, Chief Manure Manager: Bar-D Cattle
3 bullet sponges soaking up the lead. Kudos on the perserverance Brian.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Brian, was that a coincidence or did you change ammo

Same ammo. Same box as the last few hunts (boxes have 50 rounds), since at least Aug 2nd and I reload the ammo in my mags from the bottom up since I use a suppressor, so this isn't different ammo from some other lot from months ago or anything like that.

Looked at the slow motion on the video. Shots are impacting where I would expect.

Last edited:

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I believe you found a strain of King Kong super Hogs... Tough !
Glad to see those armored tanks removed from the gene pool.

I know you get this question a lot, but I can't find the videos in which you list the gear you use; Can you tell me what tripod and ball-joint adapter you use?

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice shooting on running hogs!

Keep After 'Em!

Flir-D-Lee

Join the pig Jihad
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You know, Sometimes it works the opposite. I have been deer hunting and have hogs come in the field a lot.
I aim for the ribs to basically hit them and hope they run off so I won't have to go out in my patch after them.
Many times they drop like a sack of bricks.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Dang! All in the same night too..