3 for 30

D

djones

back to the field where I took 14 shots at one hog and missed every one. new black hills ammo functioned flawlessly. I was with a buddy who shoots competitively and has actually won a few benchrest matches in midland or raton or some other globally recognized place a while back. he went on to mention that some of the top shooters in the U.S. were there, which translated to the best shooters in the world were there. since he won, that not only made him a world class shooter, but a WORLD CHAMPION!

now he and I aren’t competitive with each other, at least I’m not anyway, lol. when shooters of our caliber (no pun intended) get together, we recognize that either of us could out shoot the other on any given day. still, ever since the day he brought to my attention his world champion celebrity status, I’ve been anxious to shoot side by side with him on the battlefield; not to compete mind you, but to learn. I whole heartedly subscribe to Thomas Carlyle’s quote, “every man is my superior in that I may learn from him”.

well last night was one such opportunity. we stood no closer than 250 yards from a herd of 30 hogs with eager trigger fingers and camera rolling. several times I thought to just set my weapon down so as to watch and learn. after all, who knows when I might get this chance again. I mean really, standing right next to a world champion with a full magazine and 30 hogs. this was an Ernest Hemingway novel unfolding right before my eyes.

i wish y’all could have been there. granted I didn’t bring down very many hogs, and… well… perhaps he shot all his rounds on one hog. yea, you heard right… count ’em ONE. so if my math is correct, that makes my two… well… nevermind. I never was very good at math, but you get the idea.

couple finishing shots in the face
two_zpsx2s2zm2b.jpg

somersault pig hit in the eye
three_zpsde6ao0fb.jpg

buddy's pig hit several times; mostly in the butt
one_zpswgo6annc.jpg

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool video, great shot on the tumbler!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think you won w the 2 hog, did he only shoot once?

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
hogs down is always gude!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Too much fun to be had there. Love those face plants too.