3 Down In <13 Seconds, Head Shot and Threaded Needle Shot

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hunted for 6 hours at my place to kill time while waiting to hunt at my neighbor's place. His game camera said hogs were coming in around 2 AM and so I figured I would be in place by midnight to wait for his, hopefully after some success at my place. I had hogs showing up at my place for the last few days, but with no regular pattern and they didn't show. I saw a total of 4 animals at my place and that was it! I get to my neighbor's place and I am wandering around the field trying to find a good observation point when I spied the hogs coming in and so I kneeled down in hopes they would not see me. Then they sort of spread out and I realized I could not swing left to right while kneeling and had to stand up.

I never figured this to be more than 1 or 2 shots. It is a very small field with woods on three sides for quick and easy escape, plus a small grove in the middle of the pasture. I got lucky and the hogs did not run helter skelter. I dropped the first when it came into the open. That shot prompted the 2nd to run into the open and I dropped it with a quick head shot and then popped it again because I had no idea where I had shot it. The third hog seemed confused and was mostly hidden from view, but I could see his ears between a couple of trees and threaded the needle to put him down.

Last edited:

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Excellent!
That third hog was hanging around saying "Whatever you're dishing out, I want some, too!"

Dessert! That's what you're getting, your just desserts.

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
3 for 3! Excellent job. That’s good work for sure.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Peek-a-boo... I seeeeeeee you.... POP! Headaches for all the boys and girls! Nice to see AB watching over your blind at home. Who was your little perky eared helper?