200 lb Boar Down

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got a call about the hogs coming back and in particular a large boar that Mrs. TBR had seen in the front pasture of TBR. So I headed out last night to give it a go. Mr. TBR said that when he checked out the property over the weekend, there was a lot of hog sign and hoof prints of multiple sizes of hogs. So that all sounded promising. After I got in the stand, there was a goodly amount of animal activity and that seemed real promising as well, until it died of and I sat quietly for another couple of hours. Finally, this guy came out. And after reading Blake's story, I made a cautious approach, LOL.

Despite the shot placement, I was unable to find the entry wound and there was no exit wound, which was rather odd. However, he fell over dead and bled from the mouth, so I am calling it a hit.

Last edited:

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Gnarly beast with good cutters....yes, approach with caution.

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice work. That video was better than Phantom of the Opera......better than Cats!!!!!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lights out for that bad boy! Entrance wound found or not,, you can't argue with Dead!
Good job.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shot ! Man he was cautious walking in but never knew what hit em.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You know, I even rolled him over to entry side down for when I hiked back up to the barn and got the cart. When I got back to him a half hour later, I rolled him back over to see if the entry wound had drained blood. No luck. I hooked him up to the cart and dragged him back up to the barn with the entry side down again thinking that all the bouncing and jostling would do it. Nope. Oh well.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Good hog Brian, funny you can find an entry, perfect shot, ping.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
From the slow-mo replay, I'm guessing you made it into his ear. Nice shot. He just went stiff and down. Fine hog there.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wow, no tracking required on that one. Nice shot.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well done, as usual