2 More Piggleees

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Love it!!! Back at it, like the pictures. Keep up the good work! TRAP TRAP!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice work Dan.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So here is a funny one.
I don't have time to check my far trap this morning(30 miles) because the close trap(15 miles) has those 2 hogs.
So after my last delivery of the day I run out to the far trap in my work truck. No rope, no lariat, no guns..nothing.
I get there and there are 3 pigs in it, about 25# each. Small enough to go in and grab them if that is what it takes, but with no rope where do i put them. The landowner is out of town. Now I got up at 3 a.m. so I'm not apparently thinking all that well but I get a brilliant idea. I will pick up the trap with them in it and shove the whole works in my truck and cut out of there. The bottom panel (floor)is cattle panel so squares are bigger than sides but looks like it should hold them ok. I get the trap halfway in the truck and 2 of them are hanging through the bottom....so like a smart guy I proceed to jamb the little fellas up against the tailgate thinking they will back up into the trap. Not. They squirt through...now the last one is stuck, but close to me so with 1 hand I'm holding the trap up and with the other I decide to punch the hog in the head...like that will convince him to hang around with me. Not. All 3 run off and I'm just standing there thinking that was pretty lame. Oh, well. There is always tomorrow.
That is 10 trapped hogs in a week or so.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Oh my goodness laughing may a-- off too funny.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Now that would of been a good video!!! Thanks for the laugh. It is something when you learn the SAME lesson over and over??:) BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You don't have to be bright to trap hogs....just have to be willing. Lol

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
'DOH!! Note to self... ALWAYS have at least a knife along. LOL Great tale there Dan.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Too funny but sorry for your loss..

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I would just love to follow you around for a couple days and take note. The book would be a best seller.

chthump

LSB Member
RSD, you know there's a pig out there somewhere that's going to fight/bite back, so remember also be sure and video.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RSD, you know there's a pig out there somewhere that's going to fight/bite back, so remember also be sure and video.
I got my butt kicked by a 60# sow I caught in a Hold-a-Hog Trap....Let me say this...when they get a chomp down on your hand...they shake it like a gator!!! LOL

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got my butt kicked by a 60# sow I caught in a Hold-a-Hog Trap....Let me say this...when they get a chomp down on your hand...they shake it like a gator!!! LOL
Ouch! Wasn't today, was it?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
No. But the internal scars remain. And a couple external ones.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Otay, healed up is more gooder.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, I think I have PTSD.....Pig Trauma Stress on Dan. The only cure is to kill more pigs.