2 lone hogs down Thursday night

Jake

Bandera, Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

We dropped both of these Thursday night. The first boar came around a corner and suprised us. The sow we stalked in a field. We were both using photons with no illuminators because of the bright sunlight. .300 blackout and 6.8 SPC. Sorry about the crude videos, it was my first attempt at recording and I also have a bad A/V pigtail that killed the video during recoil.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
we do need to see them curly shuffle!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hope you fix the wire!!:) Good goin guys way to whackem!!! Still a clear vid though right up to the end. BANG BANG!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good timing, and nice shooting. Congrats on the pair.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks guys, I'll get er fixed

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love it that more and more folks are doing videos. When I can't hunt, I can sort of get my fix by watching other folks' hunts.

Jake, man, welcome to the world of trying to record in the field. dfwroadkill has lamented to me on several occasions how much the complexity of what we do while hunting is increased by the simple addition of trying to run and maintain the systems for videography. He is right. Any of us who have been in the field more than a couple of times with video gear on or attached to our rifles has had issues. You will get your setup to function for your situation and be good to go in no time. You may still change how you run the wires or where you place the recorder until you finally get things just right for you...and then you will buy new gear and the process will start anew. Ha!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs down ... night hunting is addicting

customcutter

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, I thought I was going to use the KISS method, then I found out that the one button started the DVR, press it again and it starts recording. So much for keeping the KISS method. Dave straightened me out real quick on that. LOL. I took my eye off the scope Friday night for a second to start the recorder and when I looked back I thought I had the coyote in the scope. Nope, it was a stump. I waited 2 minutes for him to move, we were in a classic mexican standoff, who was going to move first, but the coyote had already slipped off while I was videoing the stump. LOL.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
If you don't post the video, it didn't happen.

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, I thought I was going to use the KISS method, then I found out that the one button started the DVR, press it again and it starts recording. So much for keeping the KISS method. Dave straightened me out real quick on that. LOL. I took my eye off the scope Friday night for a second to start the recorder and when I looked back I thought I had the coyote in the scope. Nope, it was a stump. I waited 2 minutes for him to move, we were in a classic mexican standoff, who was going to move first, but the coyote had already slipped off while I was videoing the stump. LOL.

Ha, been there!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I love it that more and more folks are doing videos. When I can't hunt, I can sort of get my fix by watching other folks' hunts.

Jake, man, welcome to the world of trying to record in the field. dfwroadkill has lamented to me on several occasions how much the complexity of what we do while hunting is increased by the simple addition of trying to run and maintain the systems for videography. He is right. Any of us who have been in the field more than a couple of times with video gear on or attached to our rifles has had issues. You will get your setup to function for your situation and be good to go in no time. You may still change how you run the wires or where you place the recorder until you finally get things just right for you...and then you will buy new gear and the process will start anew. Ha!

Thanks, ha yep I can already see that coming. Sure do like the vids on thermal units.