2 for the Hessian, 0 for Me

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We both seemed to have shot two hogs, but my hogs appear to have had a greater will to survive than his hogs had. :confused:

We had an interesting problem. The Hessian is several inches shorter than me. There are just things he can't see over, such as the oats. I gotta work on getting him on higher ground than me when we go after hogs like this again, LOL.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That Hessian really learned a lot in that long distance class! Good for him on bringing home the bacon.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice hunt and video. Two nice pigs down.

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What the heck flew out like that? Was that the bullet coming back this way?? Anywhos nice video and commentary!! That looked like a dog with an itchy arse!! Nice going guys!! BANG BANG!!

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ken, that is going to be a wad of tissue flying off the hog the Hessian hit. They don't always come out in a proper linear fashion. I don't think I ever saw this sort of thing before I started using thermal.

dj, AB suggested bringing a box for the Hessian to stand on instead. ;)

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good video Brian.
I am seeing the same issues with hogs in tall wheat... drilled a single Saturday night.
Saw brief glimpses only of a sounder - no shots available.
-
Congrats to you and the Hessian on your hunt.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you wanna see something cool. Get on Google Earth not online but download the App on your computer. Then take a look at your field. Those "Hi-Ways" you speak of are actually very noticeable. Assuming satellite pics are recent.

Good educational video.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you wanna see something cool. Get on Google Earth not online but download the App on your computer. Then take a look at your field. Those "Hi-Ways" you speak of are actually very noticeable. Assuming satellite pics are recent.

Good educational video.

Yes, some are. We found many of the holes in the fences based on satellite images showing trails converging on specific points in the fence.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome hunt just the same. I'd say you made solid hits. That Hessian just seems to be holding his mouth just right last night though. Mmmm... fresh back straps !!!!

We need to pass the hat and buy the Hessian some new hunting boots.

Silverflameplat.JPG

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Look like hits ... no big deal. Next time!

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great video, Brian

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There's no shame in hunting off a stepladder. Great video Brian, fun to watch as always.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter