19 more down out at Lancers

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here is the pic and a little intro but I let him write the full story!
I think Lancer said 200+tons of corn is delivered a week so its just one big feeder for the hogs. We got on several good groups I was shooting a 12.7: LWRC Six8A5, Lancer, and Alex were shooting a 16" 6.8's we were all shooting 120sst's. Alex had to leave early so he missed the second night.

Since switching to the LWRC piston guns I have not had any blowback or powder in the eyes but this weekend everytime I fired I was almost blinded by what I thought was spent gun powder. Could not figure out for the life of me why? Nothing had changed. then I realized it was sand in the eyepiece and my brass catcher from my flooded truck adventure last week.

Strange thing was all of the big hogs dropped like a rock but we had several smaller ones take multiple hits and keep running, as the tile says we recovered 19. Ill have a video of the action to post later but for now here is the final tally picture.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pig Whacking Greatness!! Not a bad outing eh??? The video (or should I say Feature Film) out yet?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thinning that herd a bit, eh? Dang boys... that's some serious smoked ham... even w/o the heat! Nice work fellers!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounds like a great weekend and helps get the mind off last weekend ... happy hunting and great haul!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's a good picture! 19 hogs is a pile of hogs and a bunch of work...Great job guys!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man o man look at all those hairy porkers!!! and a GOOD ON YA!! for that one. Way to go guys!!! BANG BANG!!

15!! that just must be a HUGE production going on there!!! WOW!!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lance you have a heck of a place to hunt! Great pics and some excellent hogs there with some size to them...well done TLM and Lance!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
You guys did good the second night. I wish I could have stayed. Looking forward to the video.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You guys did good the second night. I wish I could have stayed. Looking forward to the video.
We put the hog you killed first in line. To honor you not being there for the picture!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We put the hog you killed first in line. To honor you not being there for the picture!
That SMALL ONE??? that was not nice!!:) Puttin up some numbers, that is nice when you all do that!! Waiting for the vid. BANG BANG!!!

They look frosty!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That SMALL ONE??? that was not nice!!:) Puttin up some numbers, that is nice when you all do that!! Waiting for the vid. BANG BANG!!!
Well the small ones are harder to hit!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok i'm finally getting around to writing this up, the J.O.B. that goes along with the hunting place has been wearing me down, but i didn't win the Powerball so i'm glad to have it!
First of all it was great to have Afalex and TLM out again, it's always a blast just enjoying the BSing.
On Friday night we started out around 10pm and found the first sounder in the 3rd field we scanned around 11:15. The wind was wrong so we had to circle around and come in from an adjacent field. We stalked in but something spooked them before we could get close enough for an attack. This certain sounder has been one that I've tried to get at a couple times but they seem to be skittish for some reason.
A little after midnight we spotted another sounder and stalked up on them, we closed in, lined up and counted down; we ended up getting 7 out of that group even though they all ran my way after the initial shots.
After that round of shooting we assumed the rest of that 400 acre field would be fruitless but we found 3 hogs on the corn silage pile. We initially only saw 2 and dropped them simultaneously, then another ran out on TLM's side and he nailed it. I shot as well but the video showed me being off on my shot. (Stupid video)
The rest of the night was spent watching coyotes, missing shots at coyotes and driving Afalex and TLM around while they slept.
10 for the night. Home at 4:45
Afalex unfortunately had to leave Saturday so the next night was just TLM and I. We started around 7:30 and found our first group around 8:15. We stalked up on them and TLM devised a plan to shoot the ones closest to the creek to drive the others out towards the middle of the field, it worked perfectly and we killed 5 more.
We scanned several other places and saw a few lone boars who evaded us. Then around 3:00am we spotted a lone pig and followed it over a hill where we spotted a small sounder and approached them. At this sleep deprived point in our weekend one of us decided to go without the shooting sticks this round, and serious blood was shed, mostly mine from apparently failing to extend my stock, 2 shots taken and 2 cuts to my nose. TLM was able to knock down 3 of this group but hit many more. So 4am - 18 down and we decided we needed 1 more hog to beat our previous record. We headed out to make another round and saw a lone boar in one of the first fields we drove by. We walked through the frozen wheat and dropped it with 2 shots within inches of each other, but I'm pretty sure mine killed it . 3 hours later we had gathered and hauled the slain hogs to our dead pile, taken pictures and were back at the house around 7am. 19 for the night.
Great Weekend!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lancer, Thank you, great report now for the video of this carnage!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, I'm sure your hit ratio was good... at least for an assist. LOL Great work there though.