18 for the weekend. (sounder 2)

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So the second sounder for the weekend which was really three separate sounders. There are three oat fields in a low area by a river can you say hog magnet! They had let cows out on one of the three plots I could see them well with the pvs and 3x magnifier but there were also several little black spots in the next plot. Using the w1000 they were definitely hot and moving HOGS! Per google earth these hogs were 1,487 yards away not bad for 77% humidity and 83 degrees out! Started driving down there but had to stop the truck was making huge ruts in the road. Another looong stalk ahead of me with the wind to my back not looking good at this point.

After closing the distance there were three sounders of hogs. One sounder was mixed in with the cows and had about 20 hogs in it. Then there was a sounder of about ten, and a smaller group of three off to the side in the next field. One of the three looked really big so I figured it was a group of boars and I wanted that big one.

Walked all the way around so I could get the wind in my face. Made it to about 80 yards from the biggest hog his two buddies were spaced out about 90 and 100 yards. Well I wanted the big one bad but I also wanted to kill all three. So decided to take the farthest first and work my way in hoping the bullet impact sound would push the big boy to me. Pop thud the first one goes down but the big guy takes off away from me dangit! I take the shot he spins around a couple of times then keeps going. I put three more into him to anchor him then swing to find the middle hog. Mr middle hog was just about to escape but one shot and he rolled to a stop DRT. I see the sounder of ten running away but decided to let them go as I focus back on the big guy. He was still trying to get up hit him a few more times just to make sure and it was over. Using the tape method he was 290 pounds.

DONT FORGET TO WATCH VIDEO ON 720 OR 1080 RESOLUTION.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hog! Glad you finally got some rain there!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
good boar, good cutters, I would have went for the big group lol

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
good boar, good cutters, I would have went for the big group lol

Big group were all young and dumb. Big ones do not get big being stupid so I try and kill the smart ones before they teach the others ;)

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
At least your seeing them, around here they are deep in the woods because there is no reason to come out to open pastures.

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Good hunting TLM. Glad to see the hogs are back to play.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
awesome awesome awesome

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Sweet, good shooting Todd, think many people should watch your videos to see how to lead running hogs

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sweet, good shooting Todd, think many people should watch your videos to see how to lead running hogs

Your welcome to share them lol.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
THIS IS HARD FOR OLD EYES TO READ

It really is

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great video, super narration

will you give a tutorial at the October meeting?

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
great video, super narration

will you give a tutorial at the October meeting?

Sure if hes running slow I lead them half a hog length if they are running fast I lead them one hog length! For the 45/70 double that and add a half a hog length high for every 50 yards! :p

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Super!! You do need an ammo sponsor!