120SST through a 3.5" tree and into a 220lb boar.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I took this boar with the Six8 razorback he was alone and working his way along a fence line rooting as he went. He was slightly angled towards me but facing away with a small tree covering part of his neck and head. While waiting for him to turn broadside the idea of shooting through the small tree just to see what the 6.8 120 grain SST would do. So I took aim on the tree and shot. The boar went down DRT, I really thought he was a little larger but was still a respectable 220 pounds.

And here is the video!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That 120 worked great..good shooting

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Early on, I found the 6.8 capable of punching through 8" across (WET) wood. 5.56 wouldn't. Nice shot T.

ZenArchery

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
How could you disrespect that poor defenseless tree. I'm reporting you to Green Peace. Bwhahaha.

That was awesome. Great pic too

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
Good job Todd, gotta love it. I noticed on one of your last video's where you got the 2-for-1, that the piglet behind the sow you shot wasn't directly behind it, the SST fragmented and took out that piglet. Love the SST's, best DRT bullet out there for hogs, not great for saving meat, but sure puts the animals down.

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Did he have any shrapnel wounds from the tree?

Good job!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job. That's a great test of what the sst will do. I would so send that to hornady