11 Down in Archer County

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Decided to go out and try to get a few kills last night with the new Zeus Pro between the rains.
Conditions were absolutely horrible last night. Everything was soaked from the rain, there was standing water, humidity was 95%, and we had a light rain.
We were able to confirm 11 dead hogs on the ground but just as we started shooting the rain started picking up so we high tailed it back to the truck.
Also please forgive my poor shooting lol. I'm not one to like to make excuses but I forgot my trigger sticks at the truck and it was tough holding steady after walking through ankle deep mud.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Very Cool. It's more fun to shoot a lot anyways. Good Job!!

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was a mess of hogs. You all have a hog problem and some big ones at that!!! Nice going and fire away!! BANG BANG!!

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was a mess of hogs. You all have a hog problem and some big ones at that!!! Nice going and fire away!! BANG BANG!!
Yeah we have quite a high hog population.
We hunt several milo fields in the fall and when they're at their prime it's nothing to see 100-200 hogs in one field.

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
That was a nice group of hogs. I can't hit crap off hand. Some good sized hogs in that group.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That was a nice group of hogs. I can't hit crap off hand. Some good sized hogs in that group.
Yeah it was a nice size herd. Got a few more tonight and some more footage. My Zeus is screwing up so we have just been using a standard Zeus. We've had 2 groups of pigs so far tonight and a lone boar. Think we've killed 4 so far. We have customers tonight though.

I used to be pretty good at off hand shots. But then I got trigger sticks and now I'm spoiled. Kind of like I used to be good at backing up without a backup cam and now I can't back up to a trailer to save my life without a camera lol.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah it was a nice size herd. Got a few more tonight and some more footage. My Zeus is screwing up so we have just been using a standard Zeus. We've had 2 groups of pigs so far tonight and a lone boar. Think we've killed 4 so far. We have customers tonight though.

I used to be pretty good at off hand shots. But then I got trigger sticks and now I'm spoiled. Kind of like I used to be good at backing up without a backup cam and now I can't back up to a trailer to save my life without a camera lol.

I feel your pain!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM

Haha, my damn backup cam broke. Good going on the hogs tonight, look forward to some more videos.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks! Killed another lone boar. Forgot to hook up the DVR. Kinda in a pissed mood because my Zeus..

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Way to go! I haven't been on my spots since March. I've been too busy with moving and I'm waiting on my standard zeus to arrive. I hope it gets here soon. I bet all the hogs that stay near the red river are pushed up in the fields I hunt.

keatonskidmore

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Way to go! I haven't been on my spots since March. I've been too busy with moving and I'm waiting on my standard zeus to arrive. I hope it gets here soon. I bet all the hogs that stay near the red river are pushed up in the fields I hunt.
I bet you're right. You need to get out there and hunt!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hogs ... some high winds.