1 more recovered

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Got a call from cattle ranch, owner said she saw a sow with about 20 piglets on the place this morning. I headed out to make it before dark tonight, couldn't drive to the creek, too much water from last nights rain so i hoofed the 1/4 mile or so. Brahmas were following me as fast as Ipiigg.jpg could go, threw some sticks and shooshed them away but they were relentless all the way down to the woods. I was still trying to get them away when I could see hogs in the trees, they were moving away I assumed from my racket.
I snuck in about 20 yds and stood still with gun (223 this time for fun) up against a tree and waited. It didn't take long and they were headed back towards me somewhat. Made a neck shot on smaller one and dropped him, they took off but I stood still and they stopped running, had a chest shot on bigger boar behind a tree so I took it. Couldn't find him, it got dark and brush was thick but I did find 2 fresh skulls from lost hogs I shot last week. 1 recovered, better than nothing.

OneK

LSB Active Member
Staff member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good Job Dan the Man!!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice, good story

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't let DJ find out you killed a hog with a .223. He swears it cannot be done!

lonepunman

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Can't believe you went with "hoofed" instead of "humped" a 1/4 mile with the Brahmas...

Too obvious?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
way to stay with it Dan! No dirt clods injured?

D

djones

you caint kill a hog with a 223.... less the rifle ways more then the hog. the ones u found were wounded and got et by yotes

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad to hear the burger-boys kept you company on your walk. Good hog down Dan'l.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don't let DJ find out you killed a hog with a .223. He swears it cannot be done!
If I had one gun to to survive with in the bush I would take my YHM 223, hands down. Can't make it fail or jamb, accurate, personally have killed more hogs drt than 6.8, light and so well balanced. D.J. approved too. Not great for long shots tho.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice hog down!! Happy hunting!

Andrew Wallace

LSB Member
Nice work. Brahmas are my favorite ever since I was a kid.