1 Equals 7

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Daddy's got a new toy!! I finally got a video recorder to try to make my hunts a lot more difficult than they already are. After a 6 hour drive to my buddy's house in MS, I had dinner then we went out to put some corn out. While my friend went to bed, I spent the next hour setting up my video recorder and installed the holder on my rifle and tried to figure out how to work everything in the dark. The battery that shipped with the remote was dead and I didn't have a back up. The remote would have made it much easier to operate in the dark, but I was able to make do. After sitting in a tripod stand for a few hours and playing with the video for practice, I thought it would be better to call it a night than to fall asleep in an open stand. All I had seen was a couple rabbits and a few mice stealing the corn we put out. There was a bobcat that stopped in the shooting lane for a short time, but I wasn't able to get on him in time before he disappeared.
I worked my way back to my truck that was parked about 25 yards from the land owners house and when I got there, I set everything down and decided to take a look around before I turned on the lights. As soon as I looked down the road, I spotted these two sows rooting up the place. Sorry the first video isn't as polished as the professional's on here, but I tried. Check it out.
I didn't get to sleep till after 2 am, then got up at 5 to try my luck at turkey hunting. Hunting by yourself has its downside when it comes to recovery.

She taped out at about 200 lbs, and had 6 piglets inside that she was very close to dropping. They were still wiggling around when I field dressed her. I keep inching closer and closer to that elusive yellow banner, but not quite getting there. The good news is, I got the chance to try out my new knife that I had just finished.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great Job Chopper!!! You did awesome!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We got Zest !!!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice job and great video! The recording aspect adds a whole other element of fun doesn't it?

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Thanks guys. Tomorrow I will add the review of how my knife performed.

I forgot to add that the first shot entered the right neck and traveled through the rear part of her skull and exited below the left ear. I don't know how she got up to run. The second shot was a double lung shot. She still ran about 30 yards and didn't leave any blood till right before she fell.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
commented on the other post did not know it was here 2 times...well done!

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job, welcome to the world of technical difficulties!

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
commented on the other post did not know it was here 2 times...well done!
I didn't either till just now. Don't know how that happened.

Fixed it! Got rid of the double post.

D

djones

my first few hunts with the dvr reminded me of bowhunting... i couldn't believe how many things could go wrong that i never even thought of before.

rrv333

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well done

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Way to go Chopper! Recording makes things harder, but it can be very rewarding.

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good kill on the hog Chopper. Enjoyed your video of the setup and kill. Congrats!

Dennis