WTF MDVR?!?!

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
IMG_6605.JPG IMG_6606.JPG IMG_6607.JPG IMG_6608.JPG IMG_6609.JPG Only got sound on a black screen again. I had the video out "on" on the Reap. I coulda sworn the cord was all the way in. Woulda made a pretty good video even though it wasn't my best shooting. Spotted these hogs in a field near the freeway with the wind in a bad direction and had to make a 3/4 circle stalk to get in good shooting position (300 yds north, 200 yds west, and then 150 yds back south). Ended up shooting almost 25 rounds and only recovered 4 pigs! Im almost positive there's at least 1 more dead one that I didn't recover (was hoping video would help with that) but I think 2 more were hit out of a group of 7ish. Finished the night with a coyote that I had to run 150 yards to get in position and get the recorder on for it not to video again! Hollared to get her to stop and took the shot st about 150 yds. DRT. It was verrryy humid and the mosquitoes were out everywhere!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice kills! I now keep a rubber band around the mdvr and video in plug just to make sure it doesn't pull out. If the plug just backs out a hair you lose video signal.

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sweat....Skeeeters and no video but you stayed on it and scored! Good Job!

der Teufel

Livin' the Dream …
SUS VENATOR CLUB
A good night's work, or play? Hope you get the video issues sorted, we'll all be interested in seeing live action.

D

djones

pretty good haul. whenever i've had sound but no vid it was from the cable slightly backing out of the dvr. what's that at the front of your forearm?

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good hogs and coyote down!! Looks like some muddy stuff ... good huntin!

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Were you on 30hz?
Are u asking if the scope was on 30 hz or the mdvr was on 30 hz??
I was able to get a bit of video to record without changing the "hz" settings on either.. but it was just a quick aftermath of me scanning the field counting the dead hogs/hot spots.
It just seems like the video input hole on the mdvr is extra sensitive now or something.. that or the cord is messed up??

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice kills! I now keep a rubber band around the mdvr and video in plug just to make sure it doesn't pull out. If the plug just backs out a hair you lose video signal.
Might have to try that. Thanks!

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
pretty good haul. whenever i've had sound but no vid it was from the cable slightly backing out of the dvr. what's that at the front of your forearm?
Probably mosquito bites on the front of my forearm lol.... it's the Steiner CQBL-1 IR/visible laser on the front of the firearm.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think the hog in the 2nd pic was actually the first one I shot from the sounder and she dropped DRT and did the curly shuffle from a behind the ear shot. In the midst of the action I think I shot her again in the gut while she was doing the dirt dance. I like how in that pic u can see where she was eating the freshly planted "grass" all around her. I was told that was rice that was just planted in that field... even though it's not under water.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice group of dead hogs there. We'll start calling you "Rice Patties Blake" as long as they're killing fields.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Like he said. If you don't set the scope to 60HZ it no worky.
I'll double check that but I think it is on 30 he unless my brother in law changed the settings when he borrowed it Memorial Day weekend... oh ya I gotta add his hogs to the kill counter from that weekend.

D

djones

Probably mosquito bites on the front of my forearm lol....
sorry dude, i thought those were your muscles
rollmao_zpsaw6ivql8.gif