What happened?

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I spotted this sounder from the road and was able to park and walk up to them undetected. I stopped in front of a cattle guard and couldn't get any closer without stepping out into the open. The contrast in the video is pretty bad, at least on my cheap laptop. I honestly did not see that there was a smaller pig in front of my target. In all the resulting confusion and not being able to see to my right, and trying for a follow up shot, I lost sight of the original downed hog. I'm hoping someone out there with a better computer and video can shed some light on what may of happened. I can't tell where the wounded hog came from. The small hog I found had been hit in the left rump with a big exit midway on the right side. No sign of the larger hog.

Video here: LittleBest.mp4

Hog009x.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looked to me like Shot #1 may've gone just a bit low, the hog ran out of frame to the right... I suspect it did a U-turn and came right back into frame and was the one you lobbed a f/u shot at as it ran off?

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think the larger hog took a significant hit, it seems to drop to its knees for a second. I can't see what happened with the smaller one.