what do you like/use

JoeBano

I am going to purchase a can primarily for a 16" 300blk but will also use it on a 16" 308. Will be used for hogs and will be shooting off of sticks. Main concerns are sound reduction, then weight, I think. I have never used silencers before so do not know how much of an issue weight will be.

I saw on one of the older threads that Todd recommended the Q full nelson. Is that still the top choice for you guys? Anything else I should consider.

Thanks for the info.

LSB Active Member
I am going to purchase a can primarily for a 16" 300blk but will also use it on a 16" 308. Will be used for hogs and will be shooting off of sticks. Main concerns are sound reduction, then weight, I think. I have never used silencers before so do not know how much of an issue weight will be.

I saw on one of the older threads that Todd recommended the Q full nelson. Is that still the top choice for you guys? Anything else I should consider.

Thanks for the info.

I'm leaning towards the Q's now after Todd's rec, but really want to hear one in person. I have been waiting on the Sig SRD direct thread to get back in stock, but after hearing my buddy fire his SRD Ti QD on a 16" 308 Saturday night at an armadillo I went back into a holding pattern. Was still extremely loud. I'd heard it with 300blk subs that was fun, but a 308 was still deafening loud. I cracked my ear muff off on the 2nd and 3rd shots just to hear and was like OH CRAP MY EARS they were ringing the rest of the night. That was of course very stupid on my part, but I was so shocked that the sound with ear muffs felt no different than my unsuppressed 308 with muffs I had to hear.

Last edited:

LAairhunter

I have several suppressors, and I’ve found Todd’s recs in the past to mirror my sentiments (even though I had them ordered before Todd tested them). For instance, I like my Surge 762 (though it’s heavy) and my Sig QRTi (though it’s fat).

So, based on his “take” on the Q, I’m planning on ordering that next. I’ll probably get the shorter version of the .30 cal QD. I like that their muzzle device doesn’t have to be “timed”, too.

M