Trivia thread

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I heard that. It will be nice to keep filling the deep freeze over the years with different kinds of animals from all over the country.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good though. As I start knocking out this list and posting it here I'm hoping other will have advise and ideas as well as places to go. My goal is to take the whole list with 1 rifle. I'm doing a lot of testing with my 338 win mag and Barnes ttsx bullets

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have everything from 160 to 225 gr. I got 100 of each. I have been loading them for flat and fast to do sheep and loading the big ones for hard hitting on elk and moose. Should work out well

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Going to take a while but luckily you have a life time to do it

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
As for the polar bear... unless you're AK Native, residing in the hunting unit... no bueno on getting a "legal" shot at one. Canadian Arctic... you can get a guided hunt/tag... but (as I recall) cannot import the hide into the U.S., it remains in Canada.

And, Alaskan Brown Bear? A non-resident MUST be guided... plan on at least a $25K hunt. Alaskan Moose, same requirement, probably less in cost... one would be advised to combine the bear/moose with the same guide at the same hunt. Might as well sneak in a caribou tag while you're at it.

Kodiak... you have the opportunity of: Kodiak Bear (Alaskan Coastal Brown), Bison, Caribou, Elk (Roosevelt, if I recall correctly) (on neighboring Ahfognak Island, Sitka Blacktail. I used to work with a gal from Kodiak, she has family that do some guiding there.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There are some guides for sheep that are upwards of $50k. Won't be a cheap endeavor but it will be fun trying. If I remember correctly, there are 30 animals on the main 29 animal list so I may get away with not having to go for a polar bear. Guess ill see how it goes one at a time.

I have found a few guides for Alaska hunts that can knock out a few animals on the list all at once and over all the price isn't too bad.

Just going to have to take it one hunt at a time and see what I can get. I'm hoping to knock out white tail and black bear this year

histopicker

St. George, Utah
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here is another trivia question: In the early 1960's P.O. Ackley developed a round and chambered a rifle for it. It was the .22 eargesplitten loudenboomer. It was based on the .378 Weatherby case and was built in an attempt to set a .22 caliber velocity record. With a charge of 105 gr of H570 he achieved 4600fps with a 50gr bullet. He then sent the rifle to an individual to further this work. Here is the questions, 1. who did he send it to. 2. Where was this man employed. 3. what was the final outcome of these tests.
Good luck.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Bob Hutton of Guns and Ammo. The round remains a curiosity.

Harris hawker

LSB Member
There are some guides for sheep that are upwards of $50k. Won't be a cheap endeavor but it will be fun trying. If I remember correctly, there are 30 animals on the main 29 animal list so I may get away with not having to go for a polar bear. Guess ill see how it goes one at a time.

I have found a few guides for Alaska hunts that can knock out a few animals on the list all at once and over all the price isn't too bad.

Just going to have to take it one hunt at a time and see what I can get. I'm hoping to knock out white tail and black bear this year

Your right about the sheep.
Big horn sheep are freaking expensive. I have a friend who is part of some sort of sheep club and for a couple hundred dollars a year his name is thrown into a hat for a big horn sheep hunt.
Funny thing is he owns an exotic ranch with trophy white tail, markour, Iranian red sheep, elk, auodad and a host of other big game animals, but he dreams about a big horn sheep.
Funny how that works, always want what you can't have.
Good luck on your endeavor, I hope there are a ton of pics, just the locations and scenery are worth the trips!!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
There will be a lot of pictures as this goes on. Ill have to start a thread for it. I know the super slam web page has all kinds of drawings and there is a $1200 a year club that almost guarantees you some kind of win in their raffles. Too rich for my blood rightnow