Thoughts on the BLR 7 08 ?

Drift

LSB Member
I am considering buying a Browning BLR in 7 08 for hog hunting for the following reasons. (1) the land owner would rather I use a lever rifle then an AR-for that traditional look (2) The BLR is a beautiful rifle afterall. (3) This time next year, I expect AR parts to be hard to come by-so I expect the value of a magazine fed BLR to go up.
Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions?

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A Browning BLR is a fun gun to shoot. Lever actions are faster than a bolt action but you are limited of course to how many shots you get unless you have an extra magazine which I would bet you do not. They aren't real cheap. They aren't the most accurate gun ever made but some are better than others. You can swing on moving targets pretty fast and look cool doing it. They also have a "half cock" if I remember on the hammer which is basically like a safety and can be easier to grab the hammer back quick. I would shoot one if I had one that's for sure. I prefer my AR for hog reasons(large capacity mags and semiauto), but a Browning BLR would be a treat to play with.