This boar stayed out too late!

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I got up Saturday morning to find this nice size boar at my feeder. After checking my cameras he started at one feeder around 4:00 am and then moved on two other feeders and ended up at this one. Big mistake. He stayed up too late. I will confess that I went hunting with two rounds in my 450 Bushmaster, my big mistake.

I made my shot from 125 yards off my sticks and gut shot him. I watched him run off so I knew where he was for the most part. I went to find him and he was under some trees facing away from me. He was still alive and trying to turn and look at me. I could not get a side shot so I aimed for his backside and let my LAST ROUND go. When hit he jumped up and kicked like a bull at the rodeo. He then stopped facing me and we had a stair off. Me with an empty rifle and him too hurt to move. At least that’s what I told my self. A few seconds later he laid back down, then died.

Lesson learned, shoot better and bring more ammo. Fun morning hunting!

C65ECD88-A4F9-4B82-B920-01EEA0E527A1.jpeg B888F33C-3792-4612-B9A3-3C451D88E1A6.jpeg 58A9106D-F474-4B7E-9A34-B1A4E8A926D4.jpeg

desmond

"runnin' with sasquatch"
Nice job. I have hogs out in the early morning. This will give me some inspiration to go after them.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
'Das a LOT of hurt put down onto a LOT of boar. At least have a fully loaded sidearm as back-up though. Makes one begin to wonder: "Did I hit record to film Deep Throat of an AR down a hog?"