The hunt you should've recorded.

Colby

Central Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Error after error tonight with these hogs. Starts out as hogs have been tearing the crap out of an oats feild for the past month. I've gone out every night from 6:30-9:30 and have never laid eyes on the swine until 1 boar hog last week which outsmarted me and then tonight.
I was up on a hill and I saw the hogs out on the oats. Well I immediately get excited cause this adventure is coming together 30 days later. Get on my phone and check the wind. South 8 mph. Okay I tell myself great everything is perfect. Drive straight to them. (First mistake) the wind is out of the south. Colby is on the south side of the hogs thinking this is going to work!!! What am I thinking!?! Stalk yields decent. Hogs were in front of me so the wind was blowing behind them. Well there's another group trying to catch up and here they come straight into my scent drift. Snorting and all and I'm like dang here goes nothing. Pick out the big boar I've been noticing his track on the oats. He's a hog y'all. Well over 250. So i was more excited. Well forgot shooting sticks. Wood post will have to do. He is about to break and I squeeze a round off. Thud. Well he was a good 100 yards away and I told myself I have a whole pasture to work with as the way he is lined out to run so I shoot behind shoulder to get blood on the ground. Second shot he front flips so I move to more hogs in front of me passing at 25 yards. I hit them and my IR is to bright so I turn it off (remember these hogs are running after shots fired). Get it turned off and I fire one more time and flop over a decent hog. Now hogs are in between truck or cows or gone out of sight. So it's over. 3 shots two dead hogs including a trophy. No. I go to the truck and take across the pasture to find the big boy. No where to be found. The grass is tall but it isn't so tall you couldn't find him cause he was pretty big. I find where he hit the fence after the first hit(broke the wire!) and I front flipped him right after so he should be here. He's not. I can't find him right now so I quit till the morning. I didn't want to record it because I wanted to kill a few because of the damage. Well it didn't work at all. I sure would have loved to show y'all this drt hog that got back up on film. Oh well. He has to go a long ways to make it to woods so we will see in the morning. I'll show y'all some pics of the other hog I killed to since I have to go get her tail!

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Those big ones are hard to keep down and don't bleed. They are true monsters from the underground. Seems like the bullet needs to be put right in the brain or in the spine, off by just a little will only shock his nervous system. Better luck next time and I hope you find him.

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
What were you shooting Colby??

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I guess you never found him???
Hog and Colby, sittin' in a tree...

Sounds like just too much fun there young man. Hope them buzzards leave you a tail.