Started to fill the freezer

mc68

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I got invited to a doe hunt and was hunting the last morning when a hog showed up and tried to ruin my hunt. He never came in for a shot but was really making all the deer nervous. All the deer were about to bolt and this doe stuck her nose up for one last smell. No body shot was available, just head and neck. I made a bad neck shot. When she fell I was able to put one in her head. Guess I need more practice or I hurried my first shot. At the end of the day I have started to refill our freezer with help from my 300 HAMR.

Attachments

• 901A34AC-8194-4AD4-A373-863665F417AF.jpeg
    901A34AC-8194-4AD4-A373-863665F417AF.jpeg
    403.9 KB · Views: 5

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The last deer I shot cost me about $5K when all was said and done. LOL I just filled my freezer today, purchased 1/2 a steer. Hanging weight was 298 lbs. and it cost me $1700.00 (slaughtered, hung 14 days, cut/wrapped/frozen for pick up). The meat was $5/lb. The remainder was the butcher's fee. My freezer is busting at the seams. I'd love to have some more venison. LOL

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It’s always good to fill the freezer. My buck from a week ago gave me about 100 pounds of venison. He had a ton of meat on him. Took a few hours of processing but it’s all vacuum sealed and in the freezer. Good job on a nice deer to start the season