stalked in on 2 coyotes

Lancer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I went for a short hunt, instead of attending a local beauty pageant, but the hogs weren't out. I sat and waited almost 15 min and then these 2 came across the field and stopped down in a low part of the plowed ground. I decided anything was better than sitting so I decided to see how close I could get. I won't lie I was hoping for a thermal "coitus interuptus" video but he apparently did something wrong in the last year and she had brought it back up. I digress, I was able to get within 50 yards of them, they were about 10 yards apart. I missed my first shot but nailed both on the run. Video to follow. tmp_9276-IMG_20160805_101007-2067385518.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Doo ta DOOO !!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good dogs down...I'll pretend the video was good also!

D

djones

mine was bigger

coyote_zps6jhipajg.jpg

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lol nice

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good shooting Lancer....You guys are getting good at these running shots!

Jake

Bandera, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow tough shots, those suckers were moving! I like how, being the sporting man you are, you just flushed them up with the first shot. ;)

cletus

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow very nice shooting. hard to keep that gun moving when you pull the trigger. well done sir.

Lancer

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow tough shots, those suckers were moving! I like how, being the sporting man you are, you just flushed them up with the first shot. ;)
Thanks, Jake, well you see I had recently watched TLM video on using suppressors to drive the animals the direction you want them to go. By shooting just slightly over his left ear I made that Coyote run to my right and the other one to my left. Thus giving me the greatest amount of time/ landscape to connect with a running shot which is much better for video. Actually, I just can't seem to hit a coyote sitting/ standing still, who knows. I'll take luck over skill anyday.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
well done DOG DOG!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I thought you had that first one pegged with the first shot!! Sonofagun took off LIKE a shot on yaz !! Good work staying with 'em and getting your lead on.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'd said I like to practice my running shots on fast moving coyotes. Good going Lance