Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Looks like a great deal

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Price Drop. I cant figure out how to drop the price in the title of the thread.

pros
detection capability- long range, through thick brush, bad thermal weather.. if its out there alive, the w1000 will find it.
large display screen and wide FOV for 3x magnification.
military unit- built like a tank.
much more affordable than other 100mm thermals
military charging unit and battery. battery lasts forever. charger can charge all kinds of things.
pelican case
no need to nuc image
ARMS Mount- legit ability to return to zero
easy to use

cons
weight
size
resolution
not a lot of bells and whistles.

If I had property and killed lots of hogs, I think it would make the perfect set up for mounting outside the vehicle and wiring it to a screen in the cab to drive around spotting. and if for scanning long distances

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I use mine out of the vehicle and hooked to a screen. Can tell if there is an animal on the back fence line which is 1 mile from the gate.

Great price being that the mil battery and charger is $500 on it's own

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow great price!!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would love to have it just don't have that kind of $$ for a Thermal

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sounded like an offer to me. LOL

Taco

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I am kinda interested. Does Ident work on these? Are there parts available for them?

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes taco. Ident can take care of any issues u have with it (other than throwing it over a cliff or something). The way it was explained to me, there are basically only 3 parts that ever go out or need to be replaced.. A video card and I don't remember the other two.

Wigwam- it's got a reticle for the M204 grenade launcher. According to a Google search of what other forums members say, the M204 grenade launcher has the recoil of a 12 ga with 00 or a slug. Being a military contract scope, I woulda thought it could handle recoil of any .30 cal round ... I'll try to get confirmation, unless u already did?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
blaster, I have not ... and it could very well be true that the official .308 constraint is a "low ball" ... if the MKII can do .300WM (which I'm told semi-officially) and the Pulsars can do .300WM (which I'm told semi-officially and which I have validated myself) ... then it is certainly possible that the W1000-9 can do any .30 cal as well ... I will study up further on the question.

Basing the ability of a product to be able to handle recoil based on the performance of other products made by others brands with newer technology sounds like a recipe for disaster, especially when the supporting information from other companies isn't even official. I have spoke with the folks at IR Defense. The MKII is rated for NO MORE THAN .308. They have done some testing with larger calibers and it has done well, but was told that they have NOT sufficiently tested the product to give their stamp of approval for anything over .308. In other words, it may work...for a little while.

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So the folks "you trust" will cover the cost of the scope you break when you blow manufacturer specs for recoil after hearing about their experience?

It really isn't a good idea to exceed manufacturer tolerances unless you are willing to eat your mistake.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I don't care what the street noise is on a product, I do care what the warranty says is their issue and when it is mine.

wigwamitus

LSB Active Member
I removed all my posts except this one from Blaksters WTS thread out of respect for the idea that we should not chatter in someone's WTS thead. If Brian or others want to chatter about other NV/thermal topics, let's go over to the "practicing" thread. :)