Scar 17 availability??

madppcs

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Hey fellas Im trying to locate a Scar 17. Two of my local gun shops are having trouble finding anything in stock.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I just checked all of my suppliers and big negative. I will keep eye open for ya. You take used?

LSB Active Member
Hey fellas Im trying to locate a Scar 17. Two of my local gun shops are having trouble finding anything in stock.
Buddy has one he is probably going to sell he just went to Primary Weapons Systems x39.....just sent him a text. I don't get on this site too often any longer so pm if interested thanks

Last edited:

madppcs

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well, after no luck on finding a Scar17 I actually found the new POF Revolution in 308. Didnt know this existed and its about 1 pound lighter than a Scar17. POF is 7.3lbs and is pretty much AR15 dimensions even down to the bolt carrier.​

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Had this discussion on another thread about these. They are no a AR-15 as they claim because if yo put ar-15 upper on it the smaller AR-15 mags will not work. Propriety bolt and carrier, not an ar-15 carrier and the rim of the bolt where the lugs are located is crazy thin which could probably will lead them to break. Just things to think about. My opinion you’d be better waiting on a scar. Why not build a light weight AR10?

Phil

Had this discussion on another thread about these. They are no a AR-15 as they claim because if yo put ar-15 upper on it the smaller AR-15 mags will not work. Propriety bolt and carrier, not an ar-15 carrier and the rim of the bolt where the lugs are located is crazy thin which could probably will lead them to break. Just things to think about. My opinion you’d be better waiting on a scar. Why not build a light weight AR10?

I have the revolution and love it so far. I’ve put probably 1500 rounds through it without any issues. I don’t think pof will sell a weapon that’s not safe or will fail. For a 308 it’s a awesome gun in my opinion, feels great and shoots awesome. I run the 150 Sst. Now it might break on my next trip out but definitely have nothing but good things to say about it so far.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Didn’t say it was not safe or that it WOULD fail. I said it’s extremely thin at the locking lugs and it concerned me as a weak point.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Mission Ridge in San Antonio has a few SCARs for sale.

txhunter

I have the revolution and love it so far. I’ve put probably 1500 rounds through it without any issues. I don’t think pof will sell a weapon that’s not safe or will fail. For a 308 it’s a awesome gun in my opinion, feels great and shoots awesome. I run the 150 Sst. Now it might break on my next trip out but definitely have nothing but good things to say about it so far.

Are you still liking the POF Revolution.308? How is the recoil with this lighter weight rifle? Been thinking about picking one of these up.

madppcs

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This is honestly turning out to be my go to rifle for everything. Im running it suppressed and no issues at all. Even though it is a gas piston, it gets just as dirty as a DI rifle. But thats only a matter of regular maintenance. It began life only weighing 7.5lbs but with a thermal scope and suppressor and full mag its at 12lbs.
Accuracy is excellent! I shoot the 168 SMK factory loads and its as accurate as any of my custom bolt guns. The trigger was decent, but I dropped a Timney Calvin Elite and its excellent.

txhunter

This is honestly turning out to be my go to rifle for everything. Im running it suppressed and no issues at all. Even though it is a gas piston, it gets just as dirty as a DI rifle. But thats only a matter of regular maintenance. It began life only weighing 7.5lbs but with a thermal scope and suppressor and full mag its at 12lbs.
Accuracy is excellent! I shoot the 168 SMK factory loads and its as accurate as any of my custom bolt guns. The trigger was decent, but I dropped a Timney Calvin Elite and its excellent.
Do you think the piston version is still better way to go for suppressor use or would you get the DI which is even lighter? Thanks for the info.

madppcs

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well this is my first piston AR and the only benefit I see is that my eyes arent watering from gasses being close to my face. Im sure the DI version is excellent as well. If you are not gonna be shooting high volume then I dont think the gasses will be a problem at all. If the DI is cheaper and even lighter then I wouldnt think twice about buying it. Either rifle is incredible.

Attachments

• 20180827_172810.jpg
    20180827_172810.jpg
    147.5 KB · Views: 7

madppcs

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
And yea she gets down and dirty lol

Attachments

• 20180826_132305.jpg
    20180826_132305.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 8