Saturday night's hunt

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Saturday night started off very well! We stalked up onto one of the pig pipes and there was a medium size boar there pushing it around. Standard stalk to 50 yards three-two-one and he was hit with two 120sst's DRT. After the high fives and such we were off to the next spot where the huge sounder had been the night before.

We were rewarded by a small sounder of four at the next stop. After a 500 yard stalk we got up on two of them but the other two had split off and were behind some small trees. The two closest to us were perfectly spaced for a double kill on the thermal so we decided to go ahead and take them. Afalex did the count 3-2-1-fire my hog dropped. I lowered my rifle and went for the high five when I realized something was wrong all I heard was cussing coming from Afalex! I raised my rifle again just in time to see the other hog clear the fence.

Another missfire?!?!?!? Now this is not the norm Afalex runs a tight ship with his equipment and its all top notch. So we kill the NV and take a look at the bullets. They are all coated in some type of corrosion so much that the firing pin did not even dent the primer. I joked saying it looked like chocolate trying to lighten the mood and knowing how Afalex snacks every 15 minutes it seems! (my cussing melt down was the night before when I couldn't see to shoot!)

We get back to the truck and get some real light on the situation low and behold I was right it was chocolate! Seems some had fallen into his chest rig and with all the heat melted down into the magazine coating the bullets! After we got the chamber cleaned out and a new magazine in everything was good!

I have to say it was one of the more interesting malfunctions I've seen!

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's too funny. Chocolate AR ummmmmmm. You guys definatly make staying up all night, let's say interesting.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well... m'be next time he'll get some of that chocolate that melts in your mouth, and not in your gun.

Great tale.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
LOL, time to eat away from the weapons...chocolate covered bullets to show the hogs LOVE!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
It was preseasoning for the pork chops. Chocolate injection

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Time for Alex to give us an inspection report of the underside of the bus.... we have amongst us: "The Kit-Kat-Kid".... ("KKK" for short). We could keep him hosed for extended periods of time with this !

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've never felt so much love! LOL! I think the chocolate was from a past trip because the head of a couple of rounds had a white flakey corrosion on them kind of like battery post corrosion. Then I found the chocolate on one below those two.

I guess I'll have to put my mags with the open side down instead of up next time.

Yes, I snack. If I dont eat ill waste away. I'm 5'10" and 165 lbs. There isn't much there to live off of without food.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've never felt so much love! LOL! .

Yes, I snack. If I dont eat ill waste away. I'm 5'10" and 165 lbs. There isn't much there to live off of without food.

Amateur. LOL

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I guess I'll have to put my mags with the open side down instead of up next time.

Yes this is how they are supposed to be stored for this exact reason!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You need an Oompa Loompa to get it cleaned out right

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
your buddy is an Oompa Loompa?

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Yes change the topic to oompa loompas. Yes!! change the topic. LOL. So let me guess this is going to turn into you guys creating me a sticker or something with an oompa loompa shooting an AR-15 with kit kat bars flying out of the barrel. Ok, I've said too much.