Saturday night cat

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I prefer to watch them most times. Unless I am at somebody else's place then I like to shoot them.lol

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I've seen a lot of them and always enjoy watching them until they leave. I've never shot one, but I'm not against it, I just enjoy watching. They do have a large impact on turkey populations, but if yours is stable and healthy, you probably don't have many in your area. They do serve a purpose and eat a lot of other critters like mice and rats, so they aren't completely bad. If the turkey/rabbit populations takes a dive, then you might want to re-consider.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Me too I would rather watch than shoot, but they are bad on our turkeys so are fair game on the lease.

Navygator

LSB Active Member
Thanks guys. Seems like they will get a pass on our property. On the other hand, the coyotes have been getting way too comfortable coming near the house and will remain on the "shoot on sight" list.

Dusty

Hey, thats a fact jack
Got this big boy Saturday night. IR Hunter and 6.8 strike again.
View attachment 2080
I have a bobcat that comes around time to time trying to get my wife chickens. It like just a coue times a year. Any suggestions on luring him in. Decoy, electronic call, . I guess i need a blind of some sort to. Good job on the cat. I just ordered a zuess pro 640 2x16x50mm 30hz and waiting for it to be delivered

Last edited:

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I have a bobcat that comes around time to time trying to get my wife chickens. It like just a coue times a year. Any suggestions on luring him in. Decoy, electronic call, . I guess i need a blind of some sort to. Good job on the cat. I just ordered a zuess pro 640 2x16x50mm 30hz and waiting for it to be delivered
Every one I have killed has been a bonus animal while I was hunting other animals. Some other folks on the forum may have info on how to call him in.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lots of patience and being very still while methodically scanning the edges. They come to calls, but, like to sit and look from concealed spots before committing to a stalk.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
They do come to the same calls as yotes do, they are much more slow coming in and very watchful, they sit and look more typically

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
1 thing to add for cats is a visual attractant. When targetting cats with leg traps I always use a white chicken wing or similar to hang from a branch , fence post, etc.. depending on your situation. Rig one up in the middle of a clearing if need be but they are curios like a house cat to active things. Be sure it is able to move with the breeze for a little action.