Q Thunder Chicken vs. Trash Panda

LSB Active Member
So many variables can only tell you I went with Thunder Chicken. Weight, db's, length....a brudda can get lost searching the options. I talked with SS live, emailed with Q and talked on the phone with TLM for a good 30 minutes. He runs the Chicken and he is sponsored by SS so he can shoot what he wants. When I circled back my main focus was maximum sound reduction. Now I will tell you I was looking at the Panda when I was on a 308AR b/c weight was already quite a bit. Now that I'm on a x39 my total rifle weight with can, loaded mag and thermal will be sub 10 and that's how I went. Probably Panda if still on 308AR. Can't wait to get it! Get in line fast the promo is flying today I was the first one....looks like the Chickens and Pandas are flying out the door when I last looked they had 1 of each left in stock

Last edited:

Middy53

LSB Member
So many variables can only tell you I went with Thunder Chicken. Weight, db's, length....a brudda can get lost searching the options. I talked with SS live, emailed with Q and talked on the phone with TLM for a good 30 minutes. He runs the Chicken and he is sponsored by SS so he can shoot what he wants. When I circled back my main focus was maximum sound reduction. Now I will tell you I was looking at the Panda when I was on a 308AR b/c weight was already quite a bit. Now that I'm on a x39 my total rifle weight with can, loaded mag and thermal will be sub 10 and that's how I went. Probably Panda if still on 308AR. Can't wait to get it! Get in line fast the promo is flying today I was the first one....looks like the Chickens and Pandas are flying out the door when I last looked they had 1 of each left in stock
Gobble gobble. Guys from Q must have opened up their stock to silencer shop as everything showed in stock.

Reactions: 437

LSB Active Member
Gobble gobble. Guys from Q must have opened up their stock to silencer shop as everything showed in stock.
Excellent! I think it would be funny if one of us won the Honey Badger....automatically enrolled in it with purchase. That rifle is pretty neat. I can hardly wait for the Funder Chakken to get here Todd said it's the tops. I'm setting the expectation of early 2019 so here goes the finger tapping.

Middy53

LSB Member
Excellent! I think it would be funny if one of us won the Honey Badger....automatically enrolled in it with purchase. That rifle is pretty neat. I can hardly wait for the Funder Chakken to get here Todd said it's the tops. I'm setting the expectation of early 2019 so here goes the finger tapping.
I'm looking forward to shooting my 6.8 SBR more. I have the specwar i can use on it since the Omega is too fragile but its just heavier than I want compared to a 16" and the Omega. Thunder chicken should relieve the load a bit.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Once you start using a suppressor its easy to become a snob.