Primos hunting sticks

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I must be a klutz as the tripod trigger sticks are difficult to get set up, sometimes I think it would be easier w manual sticks
Hard to argue with that statement ;)

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey just the truth, they never come down the same or spread correctly, so maybe I need a lesson?

Brian Shaffer

Hog Hunter
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have one slow leg on mine (now 2 years old). Even so, I find them much quicker to deploy than traditional tripods and much quicker to pack up to move with as well...squash, collapse, and go.

With that said, everyone has to find what works for them.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lets see what smartass thing I can say about your "slow leg" lol

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Just checked EBay tall ones are $107. Includes shipping so Amazon is a dollar cheaper.
I just find the right height lock the legs a and deployed when needed then collapse them no height change and move on. That is what works for me. The para cord thing so the deploy the same each time in circumference sound good. No fus no mus. Will have to try that. Would work best on flat ground.

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
^^I will have to try that too

I know this is an older thread but I found it while trying to find a solution to my sticks and have some new input that may help.

I had a Primos Trigger Stick tripod that had a dragging, noisy leg that quit sliding completely a few stands later the same night it started making noise. I got to investigating and found the leg had slightly unscrewed from up near the handle and it was causing the release mechanism to not fully disengage.

Gave it a couple turns on the upper portion of leg to tighten back up and now it works like it should.

I had an older model in my shop that had stopped working also but I bought another to replace it and never got around to looking at it until I noticed the problem on the new one. Took a closer look at it and same problem. Gave it a couple turns and works again also, so now I have a spare.

Attachments

• 20200516_230442.jpg
    20200516_230442.jpg
    110.8 KB · Views: 6

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good tip, I'll remember that if mine starts acting up. Welcome to the fray.