Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Watch this: Craziness.mp4

Commentary
1. Spot 3 hogs at feeder.
2. Shoot hog A.
3. Shoot hog B.
4. See hog A get up and run frantically in circles.
5. See hog B thrashing around.
6. Hear hog B circling around me.
7. Shoot hog B again.
8. Try to shoot hog A again.
9. Hog A is behind tree, move to better location.
10. Hog A has left the building.
What can you do?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well, heck! Ya fergitted to pull the kill-switch cord on that runaway outboard hog going in circles. That's yer problemo!

Homebrewer

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I understand ammo is expensive, but our accomplished hog killer Brian Shaffer says - give em' a Quality Assurance shot.
Greatly reduces chances to have hogs run off.
But - your hunt and your choices. ;)

J BAR K

Just trying to make a day.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sometimes they just don’t want to lay down and die! But like Homebrewer said a second shot pretty quick is sometimes a good thing.

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes, I should have done the QA on hog A asap! I got distracted watching hog B, which I thought was on its back in the lower left of the video. However I heard the sound behind me as I was watching whatever that was. So when I shot I believed it was actually at a third hog. My hopes of a triple kill were dashed when I walked down to the feeder and could find neither hog A or B. It wasn't until I examined the third hog that I realized it was already trailing blood and therefore had to be hog B. I really thought hog A was done for from the amount of blood spurting from its neck. You can't see that too well in the video but it was definitely from an artery. Watched the buzzards circle for two days but they couldn't find hog A for me either.