Oldie but a goodie.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
An oldie but a goodie! How do you shoot the women and children??? Easy you just don't lead them as much! This was the first hunt I ever ran out of ammo on. Killed 40+ hogs in about an hour using a 45/70 Marlin Guide gun, and my 1911. I only brought two boxes of 45/70 for the hunt! The rest of the weekend I had to use my 5.56. After this trip I vowed never to run out of ammo! This is why you see pic's of me with my battle belt full of magazines or a chest rig.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes still loving the 120 SST's! If you look at the "Just out of reach" thread that Afalex1 posted today you will see the carnage they caused on the two boars this weekend!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Aaahhhhhh, yes... finally got one ! Still need to get it to the range and pop its cherry though. Already gathered up some "upgrade" pieces too. Yes, it's a TRUE Marlin too... NOT a "Remlin". Found it NIB on the shelf in Kodiak, AK this passed January. Bought it, and a 50th Anniversary Edition model 60 Marlin .22lr... well, it WAS my birthday afterall.

GuideGun001_zps262d5a6d.jpg

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice I traded mine in for the first produced GBL guide guns, just before remington bought them. I needed the extra rounds. I used the 405gr soft points, got them almost to 1900fps. but I found them to be most effective at the slower 1,500fps. At 1,900fps they were blowing through the hogs. At 1,500fps they picked the hogs up and body slammed them!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah... I've been reading that they do best in the 1500-1800 fps range with hard cast flat-nosed bullets in the 405 gr (minimum) range. Those green boxes of ammo are the Alaskan Backpackers, loaded as described... and come with the handy belt mount boxes... IF you can stomach $53/box !!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
$53 a box hell .22 lr goes for that these day LMAO!

sjb67

Mineral Wells, Texas
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is that a welding jacket you are wearing? Ought to cut the brush well.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is that a welding jacket you are wearing? Ought to cut the brush well.
Yes everything out there either bites or stings you. It was to hot for my filson jacket.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yes everything out there either bites or stings you. It was to hot for my filson jacket.

When I was a teen, my dad outgrew his Filson "Alaskan Tuxedo"... so I inherited it. I loved that pants/jacket. Tight weave to the polished wool fiber, all gray.

Filson's factory is right here in downtown Seattle, just north of the ball fields, across the parking lot from Sports Emporium.