No survivors.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I've been saving my pennies to but a W1000 for a long time now. Well Now I'm very close but still never actually used one. So I borrowed one this weekend and let me tell you it's awesome!
Last night I found a sounder of eight hogs out in a 100 acre cut wheat field, no where for them to run!
I picked out the alpha sow and squeezed the trigger. Whizzzz thud she is down. The rest scatter and I hit the second sow on the run pop whizzzz thud and she is down!
Now all that is left are six 50-100 pound hogs and they are confused!

The closest trees are behind me so they break towards me pop pop whizzz thud thud two more down! Now the last four run back out into the wheat, but it's no cover for them with the W1000. Four more shots and the whole sounder is down! Normally I shoot within 50 yards but all of these were 100 yards or more. I'm in love!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's about $1000.00 per hog! Good Job!!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Eight at once !!! That's gotta be a new record, isn't it? Congrats !

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good job, that is a heck of a system!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Eight at once !!! That's gotta be a new record, isn't it? Congrats !

No but it was the first time I wiped out the entire group in one shooting!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's about $1000.00 per hog! Good Job!!

Yes in the first hour it was on my rifle. But I have a feeling the number of hogs will increase significantly. Ill say this much it was the most fun I've had hog hunting in a long time, I was giggling to myself this is easy mode!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lookin' forward to this video clip and pix series !

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So you had the Staples EASY button on your rifle??

Actually for folks like you, 1000+ hog kill counter and landowners willing to pay for hog eradication, I can see where it could be very worth while and maybe even cost effective. For folks like me it is a huge waste of $$ unless you adopt me as your grandPA.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Lookin' forward to this video clip and pix series !

Unfortunately he did not have a video cable to go with the scope. I only wish because it was awesome!!!! I did not have my measuring tape or camera with me but I got a pic with my phone of the alpha sow, looks like she was pregnant again. The rest were too spread out for me to drag together for a group shot.

I know I know but I was worn out, had been dove hunting all day, it was hot and I was tired and lazy.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got got an emergency telegram from the hog consortium in Tx asking for permission to move to FL.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So you had the Staples EASY button on your rifle??

Actually for folks like you, 1000+ hog kill counter and landowners willing to pay for hog eradication, I can see where it could be very worth while and maybe even cost effective. For folks like me it is a huge waste of $$ unless you adopt me as your grandPA.

I used to think just like you Frank! But hunting is my main source of entertainment, relaxation. When I sat down figured out the actual cost vs other forms of entertainment it was way on the low end of the scale. For me it is worth every penny and I'm cheap. Bought my last car in 2006 it's a 1995, priorities!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well you have more targets, I don't have the hunting areas that have 1000 hogs to hunt. If you killed 40 to 100 a year which is what we have available, that is the real difference. Hunting is my only form of entertainment and wish I was home in TX!