Nice Little Dinner Putt

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After getting some much needed rest yesterday, decided to swing a leg over the saddle and wander about 20 miles to get me some dinner. Went to a little joint that used to be an A&W Root Beer drive in. It's now called "XXX" and they've expanded on the root beer theme, into a 50's/60's car hop type joint with good burgers, shakes, malts, etc. to add to the mix.

Pulled up and parked the bike, found me a table, and one of the old guard I used to ride with saw that I'd posted up my intent, and pulled up on his bike. Hadn't seen him in a couple of years, but we'll toss an email to one another from time to time.

Had me a fine basket of seafood and fries, and an orange/creamsicle milk shake.

The traffic was a little heavy going, but light coming home. A little cloudy, but, NO rain !!! Temps are the upper 60's. JUST right for a 40 mile round trip. Love the song those pipes sing to me !

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Upper 60's for riding, I am jealous. It has been sneaking close to 100 for a few weeks now. I don't even want to go to the gas station to get a pack of cigs.

But I do like running through the gears in the woods though. Love that sound.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ISP miss my Harley. There was nothing like kicking back on the highway pegs, setting the cruise and jamming to some tunes as you roll down back roads

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
ISP miss my Harley. There was nothing like kicking back on the highway pegs, setting the cruise and jamming to some tunes as you roll down back roads
I am going to be buried with mine.
183.JPG

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think I'm going to get another ultra just not sure if I want another black cherry bike or if I want a newer one with the 103"

image.jpg

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Here it is with the trailer

image.jpg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I dunno... once you get used to the power of a flat six with six carbs... I think my upgrade would have to be....

hoss-boss-black.jpg

I've ridden one, and was amazed at how easy they were to ride at a walking pace (amongst the crowds in Laughlin's River Run).

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
i rode one in sturgis that had a 454 in it. crazy power

LegendRider

Cross, South Carolina
Well I'm a big fan of riding motorcycles....been riding them since the early 70's. My first one was a Honda 350 that I had while in College. Upgrade to a 74 Super Glide after that & never looked back

This is what I'm riding now...not bad for an old man!!! Love them pipes!!!! LOUD AS _____!!!!

DSC00339.JPG

Be Safe out there
Glenn

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
WOW Glenn, That is some ride!!

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I even wish I could get this one back. A year after I sold it I saw an ad for it at a bike shop by my house. Ran right over and was going to buy it back, for far less than I sold it for but it sold the day before

image.jpg

Vern1

Pettytown, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I still enjoy herding my old 1997 EVO Wide Glide around early in the morning while it's cool - was a little over 100 here yesterday.
Still mostly stock on the outside, Stage II engine inside with a thumper cam.
Headed out for a week shortly to visit some old scooter riding friends around CenTex.

Had to give up on rigid frames after the wife and I spent close to 100,000 miles on a rigid framed, stretched 1971 XLCH Sportster back in the day.
I'm pretty sure it contributed to wife's two back surgeries...