My first called in bobcat.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
if you decide not to. I will pay you to ship him to me so I can pelt. We don't have many here. Let me know. Will give full credit to the shooter LOL
I would have to get a cites tag from the DNR in order to ship it out of Texas. They require this.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ok I have to ask a DNR tag? Must be like an export tag? So it sounds like a pain in the butt

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We have to do the same thing here in Oregon. I have to attach a metal band to the pelt with my fit takers license number on it. I can't even take a bobcat without it.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I would have to got in with the cat. Show them my license and advise them of where I am shipping it and why.

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yea, they want to make it as difficult as possible.

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Wow
I would have to got in with the cat. Show them my license and advise them of where I am shipping it and why.
it is a pain. It was just a thought.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Most if not all out of state tannery's will not take a bobcat if the CITES tag is not attached.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
CITES tags are not that difficult to obtain if you don't live too far from one of the TPWD field offices. You just have to present the pelt in person to the office and show your license. Once the paper work is filled out, you are free to ship/transfer it to anyone you want. Most people don't know that you have to also do this if you want to give it to anyone else who didn't actually kill it. Rick, the closest office to you is probably the one in College Station.

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
CITES tags are not that difficult to obtain if you don't live too far from one of the TPWD field offices. You just have to present the pelt in person to the office and show your license. Once the paper work is filled out, you are free to ship/transfer it to anyone you want. Most people don't know that you have to also do this if you want to give it to anyone else who didn't actually kill it. Rick, the closest office to you is probably the one in College Station.
Well if I get time I may have to check into it. I was thinking of having my guy skin it for my pelt collection.