ranch fairy

61 Pigs had a bad day in 2016. Stay Tuned
Love 2 blades for hogs and the stinger "buzz cut" just continues to perform.
I call this "inbox to kill" meaning a review of the features and why you should try them, then some pig perforation action!

Really fun!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I'm a believer in the "shot placement" determines the amount of blood trail. Hit 'em low in the prime kill zone and the blood spills out of the chest cavity ("blood trail"). Hit 'em high in the chest cavity, and the blood pools inside the animal more. Love me a good cut on contact broadhead, inktristink one there (with the serrations).

nathan koepp

Cibolo,TX
All I've ever used are the older style Magnus broadheads still have a few left that aren't out of tune I just don't trust a flimsy looking piece of aluminum with some weird witchcraft swinging blades. It just feels right having a hand sharpened piece of steel in your hand. Well keep on shanking them the more you kill the merrier you'll be.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, all this talk of KE amongst the training wheel bow crowd... sounds like snake oil to me. Archery is all about cutting and causing bleeding. The holy grail shot for archery is to have an animal barely flinch and look surprised at the feel of a pin-prick... and suddenly do the wobbly dance and fall over dead. No running, no jumping, just a stealthy/quick death. Of course... that's half luck, by not hitting any bone, just soft tissue and vitals.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Congrats! Solid shot and good kill. I'd like to see how it performs going through the shoulder of a big 200+ lb boar

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I started shooting Steel Force broadheads 20 years ago because Zwickeys and the like were getting cheaper and coming apart on impact of bone etc.... The Steel Force are just like those and they have a serrated one also. I still have a couple old Magnus (big) broadheads laying around somewhere.
At least they have swaged for us cedar shooters.

pruhdlr

Cantonment,Fla.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ask Ted Nugent or Fred Bear (if he was still with us) what kind of broadhead to use.
I do believe that they would tell you twin bladed non mechanical. --- pruhdlr

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'm a fan of cut on contact heads. The buzzcut is a good one. If you prefer a all steel multi-blade head, check out Slick Tricks. I've put down a few hogs with them.