LWRC Lower/Upper question

Gunnersm

I have two 5.56 LWRC rifles- One is a DI rifle and the other is a M6IC.

My question- is a six8 A5 upper compatible with any of those lowers?

I “need” a six8 rifle and thought about just buying an upper vs. the complete rifle.

Thanks

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The Six8 upper and lowers are only comparable with each other. Will not work with any mil-spec upper or lower.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Actually they will work you will just have an overlap. LWRC does not condone it but I have fired my six8 uppers on my colt m4 lower.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Let me rephrase. The op asked if he could run a Six8 upper on a normal LWRC lower. Why pay extra for a part to not fit correctly and not be able to run the 6.8 Pmags? Just get a regular lower.

The idea behind the Six8 is to run the pmags. Only this lower will take the pmags and you have to have the upper as well.

If you’re going to mix and match you can’t get the benefits of the Six8 receivers. So just buy regular mil-spec and save $400.

Last edited:

Gunnersm

Thanks for the feedback.

The Pmags aren’t that much of an issue for me. I just want to run a piston 6.8 as my daughter is a lefty and my 6.8 DI guns have a little blow back when shooting suppressed.

I have two LWRC 5.56 rifles and thought I could save some cash and just purchase an upper.

hdfireman

Blackstone Arms
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
You can purchase a 6.8 caliber upper from anyone just don't get LWRC's proprietary six8 upper and it will work fine with the mil-spec style lowers you already have.

Gunnersm

I think I’m just going to rip off the band aid and buy the complete rifle. Doesn’t hurt to have another rifle around especially one that my daughter will enjoy.