Leatherman (Wave, or Charge)/Streamlight Stylus Sheath

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sat down and sketched out a sheath to make for myself. I can use this with my Leatherman Wave, or my Charge. Actually, I could use it for my MUT as well. I also wanted to be able to have my Streamlight Stylus pen light (02 AA Battery size), and a place to hang a key ring from.

I used the same cutting/gluing/sewing/finish processes used for other leather projects I've displayed. For this one, I used a "Barb Wire" stamping theme and the same "Bear" stamp used for Blake's sheath. Saddle Tan dye for coloring. I opted for a single snap closure for the belt loop/flap, and a black nylon clip to snap a key ring on with.

Leatherman001_zps8nitnimj.jpg

I cut two pieces of leather. The top piece is for the Leatherman, the base/back piece is also for the flap and the loop for the light.

Leatherman002_zpsftyjh7kl.jpg

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Nice design RD. My 20 yo leatherman sheath is starting to tear away at the belt loop rivet and I have been wondering what to do about it.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks.

If you're wanting a sheath for the tool only, it can just be cut w/o the loop, and the top piece, cut it about 1 1/2" inches too big on each of three sides (sides/bottom). Wet the leather and with one side stapled to a scrap of wood, began molding the soaked Veg-Tan to the shape of the tool (wrap in cling wrap to keep it dry). a "V" cut may need to be made near the bottom, or a series of slashes. But, be sure to leave enough leather for a stitch line. As you get it molded, staple down the remaining two edges. Let the leather dry. Trim the three sides to fit your base layer and glue/stitch. If you're not good at stitching... use a series of rivets.

If you want to simply repair your sheath, post up a pic for me to eyeball it, and I'll offer ya up an opinion on it.