Interesting afternoon

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I snuck up on a group of 10 or so about 4:30 this evening. It looked like a kids petting zoo, red, black, white, spotted, tan, brown, you name it and it was in this group. Nothing very wild looking, they all looked real domestic. Anyway I got a tan one in my sights and pulled the trigger. They all headed for the nearest, thickest briar patch but mine was last in line. Lost sight of them and had to circle the briar patch listening and hoping for a clue to his whereabouts. After a few minutes I figured he'd run a lot farther. Started following the trail alongside a creek and finally worked my way up to an open area. I was scouting the creeks edge from there when I heard more hogs coming from down in the creek I had just climbed out of. Four juvie boars were trailing me! I waited for them to come to the open patch and was able to shoot this one as they trotted by about 40 yards from me. Now if I can just find the first one.
boar19.jpg

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Woohoo! Dead critters!!

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Awesome! I swear those tan ones are the hardest to see they just blend in with everything. Let us know when you find him!!

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
That little piglet probably has a couple of purple hearts hanging on his chest now. No way did he run away from battle with TLM unscathed.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nicely done! What are you shooting?

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Swweeeet ! How often do they come to YOU?

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD is back???

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Welcome back!

erForman

Greenwood, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Actually I picked the tan one because he was so light colored that I thought he would stand out more than a dark one. Anyway I was shooting my FNAR 308, the bullet struck right in the vitals just behind the front leg and passed all the way through even with a tipped TSX. I have a 6.8 AR style but haven't really fine tuned it yet to my liking. Suppressors, reflex sights, compensators are a new language for this old traditional single shot bolt gun operator. I'm trying to modernize, may even check out some night vision stuff in the near future. Would love to hear any and all suggestions. You know how it goes, if I take the scoped rifle out then the hogs materialize real close in - when I take the AR then they stay 200 yds out.