I'm getting spread too thin need some help planing

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
There is about 500 acres of corn between winsborro and Hawkins. On a total of 800, like 45 wooded.
This stuff is going to mature in July, then be clear cut and replanted by the first of August. Its like super corn and will be 7 to 12 foot high. Between the corn and tree line is narrow in and over 100 n others. The long jaggeted edges would make 9 fire sack locations with a two man team back to back each having one. the WACK'EM n SACK'EM hunt.

I started a game/contest on my melon thread, kinda to find seasoned hunters.
I've counted 69 hogs get wacked there this year, proving 48 dead.

So would there be any interested in filling any of these sack locations in this time frame. Just kinda courious. I figure it would cost each man 10 bucks for a bag of corn to hold the hogs in the middle of the open area, sack. Plus all his personal effects, eats, ect. They need to be self outfitted with night hunting gear.

Last edited:

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is it a weekend thing? Campout hotel? Or just a drive out there and hit them hard one night. I'm sure there are plenty of guys here that have equipment and never get to go so let them have a shot at it first. If it does not fill up Ill check my schedule. Sounds like a good time!

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I'll be towing my bed with me
NCM_0082.JPG
HQ
NCM_0115.JPG There's a pole barn with some cotton on the ground, three sides have a bale hay stacked. It would do. There is a small shack near two sacks, a 500' cow feed barn near two sacks, other barns to get in.
I'll probably do 4 days to five days on two off.

Starting in Chandler in a few days there is a corn that just started getting hit. There is no shelter there, probably one sack.

Last edited:

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you had more exact dates I could tell you ya or nay. Does sound like fun though.

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Wassman July 5 th to Aug 10 th.
Mondays and Tuesdays are the least looked at.
July 10, 11th. 8 persons would be great.
Otherwise Mondays and Tuesday's are least looked at. If there's a couple of people want to go within the time frame I'll probably make it.

August 8 th thru the 11 th it will be mobile hunting, ATV muv truck can use one other crew of four besides three that I will haul .The place should be replanted and need to finish them off. The place is like wide open, but with rolling hills.

There is the melon field 1/2 mile away from the Chandler fire sack location also.

Last edited:

Shooter

Bedford, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If you need help then let me know. I am about 1.5 hours away and free all the time. I am out of town from now till the 26th but then back. If it is night hunting then I would prefer alone or with folks that I know.

Thx

Let me know

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
All the people always saying they have no where to hunt and then nobody bites on a free one. :confused:

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
It will come togther, there is time left. There gonna die man, I just thought I'd coordinate a couple of crews for coverage.
The lanes of fire are like set up perfect, not a chance of incident.
I just need reasonable people.
If one guy or two want a certain date, they probably be the only ones at that time, the place is up to a mile wide.

I'll give the interested people directions and they can Google map and see the place.
I am able to get 7 to 8 guns set up but that is very seldom, can't get my crew where all of can go at once. I'll kill the hogs my self, wasn't asking favors, hahaha...Its ok if it don't go down, its gonna happen again in November.

Last edited:

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is the Pine Mills Catfish place the one in a log cabin styled building?

I was up near there many years ago.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I would be in but my dates are quite limited, July is too short notice since I would have to request time off from work to make the drive up there. Wouldn't be a problem if I lived near there.

I have already put in for July 12-14 because that is my bday and was planning on doing some night hunting anyways, I may be able to add a day to this if I knew soon.

The August 8-11 is sounding good, but like before I would have to know ASAP so I can put in for the vacation time.

Froggerzack

Diana, TX (East TX)
Id be interested in a trip or two. I got a PVS 14 and probably would have a buddy who would probably be in also. We hunt quite a bit just hogs have not cooperated at all.

Edit*:

Like above I would prefer a small group. I have been burned hunting with people that I don't normally hunt with and being safe....

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
All other info is one on one,
This is not a place to show up when you want, dehog said I can hunt, hahaha. Here is you a free lease....not. I have worked on this for ten years, taking time to build total trust with the landowner.

So please respect it as so, I heard a old man once say , don't let this retarded look fool ya.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
To be expected, nobody wants to shoot a cow or through someone living room.

Bottom line I don't put my finger on the trigger until I know what I am shooting and what is behind it. I cannot afford a lawsuit or a cow and I like my guns very much.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If the shooting distances are under 300 yards I would like to be considered.

I am not yet comfortable shooting further than that at night.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
If the shooting distances are under 300 yards I would like to be considered.

I am not yet comfortable shooting further than that at night.
LOL I do 50 with the pvs 100 with the w1000. At least that's where I start the last hog is usually farther out.

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
im interested. message me if u have any questions and/or want to try to set a date... Tuesdays and Wednesdays are most ideal for me. I shoot a 6.8 with eotech and pvs-14/3x magnifier.. also have a thermal monocular for spotting and an extra 5.56 with a digisight n750

rgilbert

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
I would be interested as long as it's kept safe. This is not meant as any reflection on you, but as above I have had problems when I took several people I thought I knew better. BRD and I would team up to keep each other out of trouble.

dehoganator

LSB Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
This is going great , thanks lonestarboars.

Ok , the corn appears to be a little slow. this will l start july 10 th over bait locations.

If you are the only hunter present i can cover a area and call you in if you have a truck ,ATV.

The hunts might as well go to the end of August liesence renewal time.
There is tracks around the corn now, they are worried.
You will have to stock extra ammo. As these bait locations will be open fire on top of controlled fire, but we want pics.
Swill ask that you keep up with your 'WACK' count though.
I will post a name not date of like 7 to nine or so of y'all then you can one on one with then, but its like everybody in this thread.
Wassman has the location so you can check it out. I have to get busy here, thanks guys.