I'm a believer now!

Duffy

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well boys, I called in my first hogs last night! Downloaded the calls Glenn Guess put out and tried it out a couple times with amazing results. Pulled into a new place that I just got access to and saw lots of rooting around a pond. Spotted what looked like a lone boar across the pond but he spooked from the truck noise and walked into the mesquite brush. My buddy and I got out and scanned the brush line, we could see some hot spots back in there a ways but couldn't confirm what it was. Decided to walk back to the truck and try the calls using my bluetooth speaker, placed it on the hood and not 15 seconds after turning the call on my buddy was sprinting back to the truck saying they're coming! I could hear the pigs grunting over the call and by the time I turned around and walked back to the front of the truck the pigs were right there coming out of the brush! We were both so caught off guard we only dropped one. I would like to think we hit a couple others but it didn't matter at that point we were so excited about calling them in and it happening so damn fast! We decided to jump in the truck and ease down to another part of the property were we had a lil more open field. Jumped in the bed of the truck, turned on the call and immediately spotted hogs in the field turn around and make a B line toward us. My buddy and I had a first timer with us and she wanted to give it a try and see if she could shoot her first hog. By the time I got her set up on the sticks the first sow was just feet away from the truck and when I hit the safety she pulled and heard that all too sweet sound of "thump"! She connected with a 120 grain super right in the middle of that sow, ran about 30 yards and dropped. Needless to say we were all excited for all the firsts! We've got a new hog hunter on our hands now and she's ready to go again! She was texting me this morning asking about thermal scopes and when we were going again!
Dropped another boar later in the night and decided to call it a night. Have another hunt lined up with Curly Shuffle and his daughter tonight and we'll be trying out the call again. Wish us luck!

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good night of hunting! Shows us some pics!!

Duffy

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well boys, I called in my first hogs last night! Downloaded the calls Glenn Guess put out and tried it out a couple times with amazing results. Pulled into a new place that I just got access to and saw lots of rooting around a pond. Spotted what looked like a lone boar across the pond but he spooked from the truck noise and walked into the mesquite brush. My buddy and I got out and scanned the brush line, we could see some hot spots back in there a ways but couldn't confirm what it was. Decided to walk back to the truck and try the calls using my bluetooth speaker, placed it on the hood and not 15 seconds after turning the call on my buddy was sprinting back to the truck saying they're coming! I could hear the pigs grunting over the call and by the time I turned around and walked back to the front of the truck the pigs were right there coming out of the brush! We were both so caught off guard we only dropped one. I would like to think we hit a couple others but it didn't matter at that point we were so excited about calling them in and it happening so damn fast! We decided to jump in the truck and ease down to another part of the property were we had a lil more open field. Jumped in the bed of the truck, turned on the call and immediately spotted hogs in the field turn around and make a B line toward us. My buddy and I had a first timer with us and she wanted to give it a try and see if she could shoot her first hog. By the time I got her set up on the sticks the first sow was just feet away from the truck and when I hit the safety she pulled and heard that all too sweet sound of "thump"! She connected with a 120 grain super right in the middle of that sow, ran about 30 yards and dropped. Needless to say we were all excited for all the firsts! We've got a new hog hunter on our hands now and she's ready to go again! She was texting me this morning asking about thermal scopes and when we were going again!
Dropped another boar later in the night and decided to call it a night. Have another hunt lined up with Curly Shuffle and his daughter tonight and we'll be trying out the call again. Wish us luck!
Good night of hunting! Shows us some pics!!
Gshock my damn computer won't load the pics! I don't know what the hell is going on!

Duffy

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Downloaded wild hog pro on my phone, think it cost $4 then bought the three additional calls on that app from hog zombies. I used the sow hysteria call both times.

gshock

Banned Member!
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Downloaded wild hog pro on my phone, think it cost $4 then bought the three additional calls on that app from hog zombies. I used the sow hysteria call both times.

Awesome ... going to have to give this a try!

FrankT

Destin FL
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
LoneStarBoars Supporter

Is that in the Play Store???

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Good news indeed. Congrats on the string of firsts!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Cool!

Many people don't know the grunts and animal sounds you played were actually secret recordings of DJ and the waitress from the truck stop when they got freaky a little while back.
Was it a waitress, or, one of the lot-lizzards? LOL

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
it will not come up for me...hmmm android

Cazz

US Army Veteran, Hunting Addict
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I searched and it never came up but I did get another brand for free and have a Bluetooth speaker for added volume

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I couldn't find it either but got a great free one also. Has multiple sounds and they are good.

firemedic2000

LSB Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I gotta get this. I wonder though.... your in Tx. I need to see if they have those hog sounds for Florida hogs. They don't have that draw in their squeals like in Tx hogs. Here in Florida they have kinda of a twangy Florida cracker sound in their squeals and grunts :rolleyes: