How to set up your Armasight thermal.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Many of you are still having problems setting up or configuring your thermal scopes hope this helps.

YellowHammer

North Alabama
In all honesty I think this is the best video you have ever posted, particularly since I have the same unit and the menu matches. Thanks.

Jhop

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great info. I have two of the units in the video. The adjustments required for each one to get a good picture is different. I adjusted them side by side at the same time too.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Nice. It's videos like these which help folks to understand the use of these pieces of kit. Nice job on this one.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Great info. I have two of the units in the video. The adjustments required for each one to get a good picture is different. I adjusted them side by side at the same time too.
Your brightness may be set different not sure there could be several factors. The main thing is getting them to look the best.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think this will be helpful as most complaints on the Armasight ends up operator error and not set up properly.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I think this will be helpful as most complaints on the Armasight ends up operator error and not set up properly.

Yea after making this they called me had 10 units returned last month because they were blury. The owners never adjusted the diopter.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I figured as much, I think your youtube should be sent with every sale, maybe it will help.

chthump

LSB Member

I have 2 of the 336-42mm, they have different views as well. One is a little darker than the other on the same settings.

scrmblr1982cj8

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks for sharing. I spent about an hour last weekend playing around and learning the scope. It is very east to play with once you get the hang of it.

jrweston

SUS VENATOR CLUB
Todd, When I'm looking at the eyepiece on the Armasight Zeus 3-25x75 and turn the unit on the picture is very clear for a couple of seconds then the view gets grayed out some and the picture is not as clear. Any suggestions.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Todd, When I'm looking at the eyepiece on the Armasight Zeus 3-25x75 and turn the unit on the picture is very clear for a couple of seconds then the view gets grayed out some and the picture is not as clear. Any suggestions.
Is this an updated firmware unit? Sounds like the auto gain control is taking over but hard to tell without seeing it.

jrweston

SUS VENATOR CLUB
The unit has not had the software update yet. Waiting on the hogs to give me a break. Thanks

kryptekman

LSB Member
Thanks I took down my Smart Scene settings and was able to see a little better detail overall! I had it in the 80s

rob072770

Lewisville NC
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Excellent video since I just had a firmware update with new features. Very helpful.the firmware was worth doing. Now to get my settings right and to re zero. I did right my number done so we will see if that works.

Fox53

I am a new member. I just bought an Armasight Zeus 640. I am going to mount it on an ar platform 6.8spc. The ar is a rock river and has the military style fixed post sight on front with and above the gas block. Will this interfere with the thermal scope picture? Do I need to get another front sigh and gas block. Thank you for any help on ths matter>

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I am a new member. I just bought an Armasight Zeus 640. I am going to mount it on an ar platform 6.8spc. The ar is a rock river and has the military style fixed post sight on front with and above the gas block. Will this interfere with the thermal scope picture? Do I need to get another front sigh and gas block. Thank you for any help on ths matter>

If it is in the way just dremel the top off the sight leaving the gas block intact.