Here comes the storm

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Well it has moved away from us in Lee county but we’re still going to get battered pretty good. Hope any other members that are here in Florida stay safe.

697230F1-E88D-437E-8102-9F6F3E0878A9.jpeg

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Godspeed folks, baton down the hatches and keep your melon low.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Don’t know where Lee Co is, but my youngest is in Pasco Co and works at Tampa International. Hope I taught him how to stay safe.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Don’t know where Lee Co is, but my youngest is in Pasco Co and works at Tampa International. Hope I taught him how to stay safe.

2 hours south by fort myers

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Looks like it will hit you guys head on now. Hope you are above the tidal surge elevation. Being from South La, I know how damaging the storm surge can be. Stay safe.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Storm is getting bad

Attachments

• 721B23A3-975C-40BD-BC57-28F2377C408B.jpeg
    721B23A3-975C-40BD-BC57-28F2377C408B.jpeg
    188.9 KB · Views: 6
  • 738680D6-1FBC-462F-97BA-77224FEEBA26.jpeg
    738680D6-1FBC-462F-97BA-77224FEEBA26.jpeg
    83.8 KB · Views: 5

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Keep your head down, thanks for the update.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sound off when you can, hope you're ok.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Finally had slight data service on my phone. We made it through ok. The eye came right over us. We had 140 mph winds sustained.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I saw your username present on the site when I last posted. I was wondering whether you were just not getting good enough cell service to be able to participate.

Very glad to hear you managed to get through it. I hope your damage isn't as bad as what I've seen in some clips. What a nightmare.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Glad you and family are safe. Damage can be repaired or replaced, but effects of threats to your health and safety are long lasting.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I saw your username present on the site when I last posted. I was wondering whether you were just not getting good enough cell service to be able to participate.

Very glad to hear you managed to get through it. I hope your damage isn't as bad as what I've seen in some clips. What a nightmare.
They are throttling data service. It comes and goes. We also don’t have power and reports say it could be 3-4 weeks before we get it back

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you and family are safe. Damage can be repaired or replaced, but effects of threats to your health and safety are long lasting.
That’s what we had to keep telling our daughter. At 7 she was so afraid for our house. Luckily we’re a construction family so anything can be fixed. My son didn’t seem to care much during the whole thing but he’s only 4

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Time to teach the kids how to earn their merit badge skills for camping and survival. Is there anything we can do to offer you any help?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Time to teach the kids how to earn their merit badge skills for camping and survival. Is there anything we can do to offer you any help?
They did so well through all of this. I’m so proud of them. My wife took our kids along with her parents and sister to Orlando. Tomorrow is my daughters birthday and she deserves a little normalcy. I stayed behind with the dog to keep the generator running. Lucky for me this is what I prepare for. I have gas and food and water. I may not have power but I can keep our food good for a while. We’re now learning that looters are getting bad. Luckily our governor and sheriff have a “you loot, we shoot” mentality. And being florida we have the same idea.

There isn’t much people can do. Please just pray for those who lost everything and those who still haven’t been found. We will recover. This won’t be easy but we will bounce back from it. Thank you everyone for your concerns and support.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you're able to do a little something special for the kids. Thankful to hear you're able to preserve your food. You will be in my prayers. I'll update the folks over at 68forums as well.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Glad you're able to do a little something special for the kids. Thankful to hear you're able to preserve your food. You will be in my prayers. I'll update the folks over at 68forums as well.
Thank you. I get very little data but if I stay up past midnight or early mornings it seems to work. Things are slowly getting better but it’s very very slowly. They are still doing search and rescue out on our barrier island communities. That’s the number one priority so everything else will take time.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, with communication hard, and if someone's phone is dead/shorted out, KNOWING someone needs help can be tough. I'm afraid searchers may find some impossible situations for folks who didn't have help, and didn't survive. Having that Sanibel causeway damaged, with sections missing, is only going to make the work all the more difficult. Side note/FYI, one YouTube creator, named Alfred Montaner (out of Miami) was in your area a couple of days ago. He was in an open field on Cape Coral, across the street from a 7-11 and was testing/using the Starlink (Elon Musk's) internet service. It was working pretty well for him that day.

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah, with communication hard, and if someone's phone is dead/shorted out, KNOWING someone needs help can be tough. I'm afraid searchers may find some impossible situations for folks who didn't have help, and didn't survive. Having that Sanibel causeway damaged, with sections missing, is only going to make the work all the more difficult. Side note/FYI, one YouTube creator, named Alfred Montaner (out of Miami) was in your area a couple of days ago. He was in an open field on Cape Coral, across the street from a 7-11 and was testing/using the Starlink (Elon Musk's) internet service. It was working pretty well for him that day.
I have heard a few stories that Starlink should be up and running soon. Just have to see where we can get signal from. The death toll is climbing and once they fully search all the barrier island towns it’s going to be scary the number gets to.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The last official I heard was 7 lost. I'm afraid it'll be considerably more than that .