Help: need a sheath

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I got my grandfathers old knife but the leather sheath is done-zo. Just wondering if any of you guys had any good suggestions on what route to take to have a new sheath made for it

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    118.4 KB · Views: 17

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Do you like the sheath? (Design, etc.) They're not that hard to make. Got a Tandy Leather store near by? I've made a few, and some other stuff in my time. It needs a welt to protect the stitching.

What's wrong with the existing sheath. It may be repairable.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
had you been at the meet & greet you could have gotten one made (ordered) by the hoggin' lady.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have an old WWII knife, sheath in the same shape. Look the knife up on ebay, mine had replacement sheaths for sale.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Conversation with Lea

marineimaging

LSB Member
Ohhh. That was about the time I left. I am about to leave and head to Vidor to take my Dad fishing. He is chomping at the bits for some white perch and the weather is finally cooperating.

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
tandy has a bunch of stuff on sale

bldsmith

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Does not look like the original sheath. If you want a quality sheath made for it may I suggest who I use, Kenny Rowe at Rowesleather.com Not super cheap but reasonable for a high quality sheath. Or you could copy what you currently have. But it does not look like it fit really well.

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks. Was hoping to support a small business that does quality work. Knife has sentimental value being my grandpas 45 year old knife who recently passed, so id like to get a nice sheath for it.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Thanks. Was hoping to support a small business that does quality work. Knife has sentimental value being my grandpas 45 year old knife who recently passed, so id like to get a nice sheath for it.
Did you read my reply?

theblakester

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry ratdog.. The existing sheath is old dry brittle, the belt loop tore off and the knife pokes out the side of the bottom when it's in it. If you're confident about making one for me, I'd appreciate it. At this point, I'm not really interested in making one myself.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
blake, mine is almost in as bad a shape but they make them for it, found on ebay, I just met w a guy who does Kydex, so maybe that?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Sorry ratdog.. The existing sheath is old dry brittle, the belt loop tore off and the knife pokes out the side of the bottom when it's in it. If you're confident about making one for me, I'd appreciate it. At this point, I'm not really interested in making one myself.
Check your PM inbox.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD, I saw a repop sheath for my knife w the same belt loop but I wanted clips for my belt and not have to take my belt off to put on and take off the sheath..it there something for that?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
RD, I saw a repop sheath for my knife w the same belt loop but I wanted clips for my belt and not have to take my belt off to put on and take off the sheath..it there something for that?
Yup, more than one way to go.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
here is what I have now, the Cattaraugus 225Q Dad carried it in WWII, he was a pilot off the USS Essex. It was a lft hand as they carried the sidearm on the rgt. The repops($26) look the same lft or rght, is there a way to use a type of clip to the belt with that or does it have to be made for a belt clip?

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Show me the back side of the sheath. Could be as simple as pulling some stitches and a snap kit... or other means.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The sheath is dry rotted, been in a trunk all these years, tears like paper