LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That's an Easter ham!

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Used the ar15 first night....there's a cliff 200 yds behind the house that overlooks a road with a strip of grass about 75 yds wide and a creek bed on the other side. Has few cactus and a telephone pole on it, that is rubbed raw. Friends gave me a chair that folds up with a rifle rest on it, put it on the cliff first day and left it there...designated it pork chop hill.... Put sour corn in the cactus.. Drink jack and coke till 10pm then take a walk...he had his head in the cactus for 10 min befor I could get a shot...was 147 yds. DRT. Didn't take any shots less than that... All the way out to 475. Took all the shots from hill tops, it's really rough country. Second night the wind was gusting to 30mph and only saw one big hog at 575 yds in a field... Didn't shoot, was too windy, so I baited the field next day. Third day I took my vortex 1-6 off AR and put it on 6.8. Learned a valuable lesson. Sighted in and went out that night. Was drizzling and no wind. Thermal was at 60% maybe. Went to pork cop hill and used PVS14, saw another hog having a cactus buffet. Got set up, got a good shot and missed.. Got 4 more shots at him running and missed um all. Was pissed. Checked the gun, thermal and scope...I tried to get a badger unimount for my vortex but they were out of stock till next week... Order a $30 mount from Amazon to make it till I got the badger....$1200 rifle, $10,000 thermal, $1400 optic and $30 mount...nuts on the mount were so loose that I turned one less than a full spin and it fell off. Recoil had shaken um loose when I sighted it in... Noticed my las "group" was a lil spread out... Thought it was the ammo. Gonna get the 6.8 tuned up and hit I'm again in a few weeks.... Over all a great time,,, but I am tired, sore and going to work in 2 hours.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
A little Obama hog !!

Centered in well on that pooch. Call him ol' Blew Eyes (one to the left, one to the right)

Curly Shuffle

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
The little dog had a headache!! Sounds like you had a heck of a time, and you saw a few critters out there. Nice going and a good on ya!!! BANG BANG!!

RattlesnakeDan

San Antonio Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Piggy had a bullseye already drawn on him! Good job, sounds like fun!

Oso Grande

LSB Active Member
LoneStarBoars Supporter
That pup seems to have a sinus drip going on....

Looks like you had a fun weekend all things said.

Chopperdrvr

Deep East Tx
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Great hunt! I bet you are tired after all that action.

dax2323

Boerne TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
image.jpg
If I would have had this thing a week ago there would be 7 dead hogs on the 2015 count... Only 5.. But it will be here before the next hunt.... And I live 4 min from friends shooting bench... There will be MORE blood (and hopefully video)

theblakester

Got a black belt in keeping it real.
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Still sounds like a fun weekend! Nice job especially shooting at longer distances

BigRedDog

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Found another... Well the buzzards did. 4 confirmed
We at the Turkey Buzzard Preservation Society like this and appreciate your efforts