From fish to dinner...

MD1005

North east FL
Lets give this a try. Post your catch and then how you prepared it for the table. Include recipes please!image.jpg
Bunch of lane snapper. We filet, then grill them in coconut milk lime breading until crispy.
About 3 mins each side.

Last edited:

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pacific Coho (Silvers)... but, any of the five species will do.
BeerThieves001.jpg

Filet
BeerThieves002.jpg

Sprinkle with garlic salt, Weber charcoal grill with the coals on the sides... place them in the center of the grill and allow the indirect heat to bake 'em until they JUST lose that translucent appearance. Another great means is... do the same, but have some alder chips smoking away prior to putting them in the kettle to bake.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Pic a buddy and go for a drive into the woods, and set up camp.
Camp002.jpg

Pitch a fly out to see what you find.
River005.jpg

What have we here???
Catch002.jpg

A White Fish (but, any of the trout type species is great)
Catch003.jpg

Coat him in some seasoned flour, some butter in the pan, and fry him up for a few minutes on either side. And, some rice steaming on the side. Complete the belly side slit from vent to tail, and slit along the spine from head to tail. Lay him on the plate and lift his tail, leaving the flesh on the plate... lay the other side down and lift again... and you have skeleton/head/tail in hand to toss and a tasty meal on the plate.
Catch004.jpg

Last edited:

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Enjoy the fire.
Camp003.jpg

Camp005.jpg

Get some shut-eye
Camp001.jpg

Do it all again the next day.
River002.jpg

River003.jpg

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yup... I have a King Salmon filet standing by, gonna go into the Weber with some alder chips smoking... and some steamed rice on the side.

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
After I posted mine. I left to go eat at Big Pines Lodge on Caddo Lake. Not as good as my crappie but it'll work...

Yup... I have a King Salmon filet standing by, gonna go into the Weber with some alder chips smoking... and some steamed rice on the side.

Burp... just finished mine. Should've gone a little heavier on the garlic salt... but, mighty fine eatin' right there.

MD1005

North east FL
I love some flounder man. I'm in jax but am from southwest by Naples.

MD1005

North east FL
image.jpg Here's tonight's dinner...
Rosemary roasted potatoes and shrimp salad stuffed avocados. I love summertime in FL.