Found this little guy in my front yard...

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well I put a stop to this little guy digging up my front yard. Shot him with a .22LR at around 15 yards and he dropped like a brick. I never thought a .22 would make so much damn noise but I was shooting from the front porch and the echo really made it loud enough to wake up both kids and scare the wife. I told her a suppressor would help with that problem but she just laughed...20130905_211940.jpg

Afalex1

LSB Active Member
SUS VENATOR CLUB
STINKY!!!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
yea very stinky! the smell is still lingering outside. It's been about 45 min.

Zen- I'll take your word for it. Don't know that I've ever been THAT hungry... yet.

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ack !!! Polecats... nasty varmints.

Gonna make you a hat out of 'im?

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ack !!! Polecats... nasty varmints.

Gonna make you a hat out of 'im?

No i pitched him over the fence across the street. I live across the street from a 2000 acre ranch.

I had already gotten a good whiff of the stench so that's probably what it was.

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Sprinkle some baking soda to the area he sprayed, wont take all the smell away (I don't think there is a single thing in the world that will) but it helps A LOT!!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Well... The wife says she saw another one around 6 this morning in the back yard. Looks like I'll have to listen for the dogs sounding off that there is another one tonight...

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Ack !!! And, may your bullet hit true with a CNS shot and spare you a muscle contraction of the wrong gland location. LOL

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ack !!! And, may your bullet hit true with a CNS shot and spare you a muscle contraction of the wrong gland location. LOL
I can only pray that if it does spray upon it's death that it doesn't get one of the dogs...

Last edited:

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I hate those critters around the house, I have had them die under the house, stink almost never goes away!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I can only pray that if it does pray upon it's death that it doesn't get one of the dogs...
LOL... 'cuz you KNOW it'll run to dad !! Good luck

Aspp

Central California
SUS VENATOR CLUB
Ech!!!!! You have an infestation!!! Break out the belt fed and go to war!!!!!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
So? Scouting reports? Updated intel on enemy position/build-up of troops? Call the WH and let 'em know the rebels are using gas !!

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
don't do that the WH will send a cruise missile and blow your house up!

EGarza04

El Sauz, TX
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LOL... you guys actually got me thinking. Since I'm not in an incorporated area I actually could bust out the belt fed... well if I had one I could. But Ratdog is right they are using bio weapons... maybe I can just talk to a senator or something and get the G to send me an M2!?

Actually I waited a month or more till that one came back in so I could sling some lead at it. I checked out my front door a few times after the sun went down and got up every time I heard the dogs barking at night. I didn't see or hear anything last night and I am starting to think I'm not going to see hide nor hair of one tonight either.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
1 word, Grenades!

Ratdog68

SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Yeah... tell him E. Holder sent ya... yer doin' a Cartel study.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Hey watchout, next time you go out to shoot one, Holder may have armed them!