Found them in the swamp!

Administrator

Administrator
Staff member
The East Texas Ranch I hunt has a swampy low area with several high activity hog trails running in and out of it. I decided to walk back in there with waders and see what I could find!

I was a little over knee deep in muck and water when a boar popped up not ten feet to my left. He just stood there looking at me like hey your not supposed to be back here! Since he was alone I decided to shoot him with my 1911. Bang flop!

He was not alone! Soon as I shot pigs started standing up all around me! The muck was so thick they couldn't move very fast. Pink mist and plumes of water were going everywhere I so wish I had brought my gopro!

A sow and her piglets made it to a small island in front of me but instead of running off she charged me. She almost made it to me but slid to a stop at my feet. The funny thing is all the piglets followed. Lets just say that was a tactical error on their part!

Here are the ones that made it to the island and dry land!

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
LSB TURKEY BUZZARD PRESERVATION SOCIETY
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Did the term... "first fruits of the second resurrection" come to mind as all those pigs started popping up around you? LOL Dang... the old dead pig counter gets some exercise tonight !!

DaveABQ

Albuquerque, NM
that looks like fun, I need to get out, but the lease is loaded with rattlesnakes including at the camp, and don't like having my dog running around with that many snakes

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
We used to have a ton of snakes now they are a rare sight. Guess that's about the only good things hogs do besides being great target practice they eat the snakes.

Wassman

Houston, Texas
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is probably what I should do. I am betting they are bedded down by the creek. Maybe if I go out there this weekend I will trudge the swamp. Cannot think of a better way to spend my birthday. Is that wrong???

Ratdog68

LSB Official Story Teller
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Man... snakes ain't kewl... unless they're behind glass on all sides.

FrankT

Destin FL
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is this a new kill and story? Wow, I need to get into the swamps w my new 6.8 pistol, I can see now a use for a 25 rd mag! Congrats! did the 1911 kill all of them?

Itsazonik

Cape Coral, FL
Vendor
LoneStarBoars Supporter
I have gone down to the glades on snake hunts. It's so much fun

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
Is this a new kill and story? Wow, I need to get into the swamps w my new 6.8 pistol, I can see now a use for a 25 rd mag! Congrats! did the 1911 kill all of them?

Actually no its from a while back when I entered a hog hunting contest. Since I was using my M1a I never posted it on the 68forums.

TEXASLAWMAN

Lone Star Boars Owner
SUS VENATOR CLUB
LoneStarBoars Supporter
This is probably what I should do. I am betting they are bedded down by the creek. Maybe if I go out there this weekend I will trudge the swamp. Cannot think of a better way to spend my birthday. Is that wrong???
No not at all It was one of the most fun hunts I've had!